Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA--SO ANNOYED

tag
severine
Contributor

BoA--SO ANNOYED

So earlier today  I was looking at my Bank of America account on line and realized that I hadn't received a CLI in a while. I filled out the request form, making sure that a HP wasn't going to be required. I mean, I was being VERY CAREFUL. I went ahead and pulled the trigger are received an increase of 2k. Fast forward to me downloading a new report several hours later and BOOM of course there's a new inquiry from them on there! DAMMIT. I was waiting for my May 12 inquiry to fall off in order to get a CLI from Chase. Now I am so annoyed--do you think there's any use in calling? Also, saddest part of this whole deal? It's a Visa sig card and they don't even report the CL, so my util won't even go down. UGH!

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: BoA--SO ANNOYED

@severine wrote:

So earlier today  I was looking at my Bank of America account on line and realized that I hadn't received a CLI in a while. I filled out the request form, making sure that a HP wasn't going to be required. I mean, I was being VERY CAREFUL. I went ahead and pulled the trigger are received an increase of 2k. Fast forward to me downloading a new report several hours later and BOOM of course there's a new inquiry from them on there! DAMMIT. I was waiting for my May 12 inquiry to fall off in order to get a CLI from Chase. Now I am so annoyed--do you think there's any use in calling? Also, saddest part of this whole deal? It's a Visa sig card and they don't even report the CL, so my util won't even go down. UGH!

No use in calling, I wouldn't be too upset about it. Chase isn't going to get spooked over 1 INQ.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 13
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Also your inq from May 2012 won't fall off until May 2014, they stay on for 2 years.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

Also your inq from May 2012 won't fall off until May 2014, they stay on for 2 years.

OP may be speaking from falling off of FICO scoring.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Why do people not expect a HP for a CLI request? That should be a given for most lenders. If you get a SP take it as a good thing, but always expect a HP when asking for a CLI.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 13
severine
Contributor

Thanks Credit Scholar! I've actually never had a HP from a B of A CLI before, but I appreciate your help.

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 6 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Most of the time it will say something about authorising them to obtain a copy of a credit report or review a credit report to process the request. You have no reason to be annoyed unless the page said it would only be a soft inquiry.

Message 7 of 13
severine
Contributor

I actually scoured the page and this verbiage did not appear anywhere, that's why I'm annoyed. But I've decided to get over it. One can obsess about these details a tad too much and not see the forest for the trees! Thanks for all your help everyone.Woman Happy

Message 8 of 13
agent_bob
New Contributor

This kind of relates to being annoyed with BofA, but has this happened to anybody?

You call the # on the back of your credit card & you get turned down because they're updating the computer systems.

I just called multiple times and I've heard numerous responses ranging from the computers updating and to call back in 4-8 hours later.

I tried searching it up on the boards, but I couldn't really find anything.

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 9 of 13
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@agent_bob wrote:

This kind of relates to being annoyed with BofA, but has this happened to anybody?

You call the # on the back of your credit card & you get turned down because they're updating the computer systems.

I just called multiple times and I've heard numerous responses ranging from the computers updating and to call back in 4-8 hours later.

I tried searching it up on the boards, but I couldn't really find anything.

Hey Bob, here is a tip. Don't call the number on the back of your card.  Call the backdoor number and talk to a credit analyst or request online.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.