cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Secured CC Question

Regular Contributor

Re: BoA Secured CC Question


MyCreditStinks wrote:

stoopidmunkee wrote:

From what the woman told me she said it looks better to carry some type of balanace.  That's why my account never trigged the system to graduate me from a secured card. 

 

My history with this card currently is I don't really ever have a balance and when I'm close to maxing the card out I usually pay it off, which casued the issue.

 

 


Thats good to know. I have PIF each month for the last few months now. Congrats on getting it unsecured by the way. I'm still uncertain on how BOA handles unsecuring the secured card. Do they issue you a new card and close your secured card?


Well she basically said she'll credit my account back with the money and that my car is already converted.  So it doesn't seem like she closed out my account or anything like that since, I was worried about, since this is my old open acocunt on my credit.  I think I'm gonna get new T&C's on the new non secured card that's about it.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 11 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Secured CC Question


stoopidmunkee wrote:
 Well she basically said she'll credit my account back with the money and that my car is already converted.  So it doesn't seem like she closed out my account or anything like that since, I was worried about, since this is my old open acocunt on my credit.  I think I'm gonna get new T&C's on the new non secured card that's about it.

 

Aweee...so no new shiny card? Smiley Tongue

 

I guess a product change request is for, I have the no frills (no rewards) secured card and would like to have at least some rewards later on when they decide I can handle having one of their unsecured cards.

 

 

CH7 Discharged: 4-14-16
Rebuilding in Progress.....
May 2016 - EX: 594, TU: 582, EQ: 619
July 2016 - EX: 629, TU: 600, EQ: 622
Message 12 of 18
Contributor

Re: BoA Secured CC Question

Do you mind me asking if they raised your limit when the card graduated?


Starting Score 8/16/11: TU:552 EQ:575 EX:480 via State Farm
Current Score: TU:608 EQ:601 EX:580 via AMEX
Goal Score: EQ:650 TU:650


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: BoA Secured CC Question

I know, I would like one with rewards, but right now I have my Cap 1 and my Reward Zone Master Card for a little bit.  I'm just happy I get money back lol.  I really don't use that card often, since it doesn't have benfits since I have my Cap 1 rewards.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 14 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: BoA Secured CC Question


Pacman2012 wrote:

Do you mind me asking if they raised your limit when the card graduated?



Honestly I didn't think to ask, I may call back today and see.  I was just excited to see that I wasn't on a secured account anymore...but as of right now it's $500.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 15 of 18
Contributor

Re: BoA Secured CC Question

Same with mine.. I was hoping for a CL increase with graduation. Keep us posted.


Starting Score 8/16/11: TU:552 EQ:575 EX:480 via State Farm
Current Score: TU:608 EQ:601 EX:580 via AMEX
Goal Score: EQ:650 TU:650


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: BoA Secured CC Question

They don't issue a new card. Account number remains the same and the terms remain the same. However, after a couple months you can do a PC. I initially got a secured card with a 7500 CL. After 12 mos, unsecured it. 3 mos later got a PC to the rewards Visa. Now we are several years down the road and I have PCed it to the accelerated rewards AMEX and my CL is up to 48K. There is hope!!
Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: BoA Secured CC Question


flyingmd wrote:
They don't issue a new card. Account number remains the same and the terms remain the same. However, after a couple months you can do a PC. I initially got a secured card with a 7500 CL. After 12 mos, unsecured it. 3 mos later got a PC to the rewards Visa. Now we are several years down the road and I have PCed it to the accelerated rewards AMEX and my CL is up to 48K. There is hope!!

Was that 7500 CL because you deposited 75k into it? And PC?


Starting Score 8/16/11: TU:552 EQ:575 EX:480 via State Farm
Current Score: TU:608 EQ:601 EX:580 via AMEX
Goal Score: EQ:650 TU:650


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18