Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Secured Offer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Secured Offer?

I always check pre-qualifiers occasionally, but I've only had one come up on Cap1 before. BoA, Chase, Citi, all no go (to be expected). Until this evening. I was goofing around checking, and this came up on the BoA pre-qualifier:

BoASecured.PNG

I think it's legit since it has a set APR. Can anyone confirm that they are making this offer? I already closed the window, but I am curious. To me, this would be a really good sign, even if it is secured, because I burned them in BK.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Secured Offer?

Bella, I think the wording is different if it is a solid offer. I just checked, and I received the same recommended offer with a set apr along with other recommended cards. 

Added- I received similar recommended offers with I was countered with my 99/500 CR. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Justa! I went back on and did the pre-qualifier again, putting in a different card category. I got different "recommendations" this time, and was thinking what you just confirmed. Thank you! I just kinda got my hopes up, ya know. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Bella, I think the wording is different if it is a solid offer. I just checked, and I received the same recommended offer with a set apr along with other recommended cards. 

Added- I received similar recommended offers with I was countered with my 99/500 CR. 

So, you apped for one of the recommended, and that's how they offered 99/500? I can't remember, were they IIB for you? I think I have a few years to go before trying this since my BK is 3 years younger than yours. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could actually be approved for the secured. 

Added- No they were not iib. The CR 123 card was recommended (with other cards) and I applied hoping for either an approval or a counter. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.