Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA - Solid offer or generic?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA - Solid offer or generic?

@Anonymous wrote:
Good luck with it, definitely give them a call! I was able to successfully recon my BofA Bank Americard!

After breakfast I got an email from Bank of America with subject "Your Credit Card Application Decision" ..

It turns out that I was approved. In the email it said, 

"We're happy to let you know that your credit card application has been approved.

In the next 7-10 business days, you'll receive the following packages in the mail with important information about your new credit card."

Now I have two overkill cards instead of one. This made my day, no, week.

Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it! You all have a fantastic day!

UPDATE: I just found out I got approved for a whopping 500 dollar limit lmao

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @tacoguy

I have a similar offer, but for the Travel Rewards card - not sure if I should apply - it would come in handy for my vacation in 2 months.

Does anyone know if CL can be combined on BOA cards? (Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread @tacoguy)

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Congrats @Anonymous

I have a similar offer, but for the Travel Rewards card - not sure if I should apply - it would come in handy for my vacation in 2 months.

Does anyone know if CL can be combined on BOA cards? (@sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread @Anonymous)

You can combine CL between BAC cards (up to entire limits), but always assume a hard pull per request on your TU report regardless of what the customer service inform you.

No worries Smiley Happy good day

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Derp.

I applied and was denied Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 20
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Derp.

Call right now and recon!
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bowzer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Derp.

Called Sr Credit Analyst - denied recon as well, she was extremely polite about it.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bowzer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Derp.

Called Sr Credit Analyst - denied recon as well, she was extremely polite about it.

Did she again cite "we cannot extend you any more credit" as a reason?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bowzer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Derp.

Nope; when I called she said the initial denial reason was that my credit history hasn't been established long enough. I asked her to reconsider, she asked a few questions, put me on hold and came back and said she would have to "support the intial denial reason, not enough established credit history".

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bowzer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Derp.

Nope; when I called she said the initial denial reason was that my credit history hasn't been established long enough. I asked her to reconsider, she asked a few questions, put me on hold and came back and said she would have to "support the intial denial reason, not enough established credit history".

Okay - sorry to hear that.

It's certainly frastrating to get a denial especially when they have pre-qualified you .. Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 20
bch238
Regular Contributor

BoA seems conservative in all things.  Unless one is a Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Honors Preferred customer, I don't really think their cards are very attractive. 

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.