cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Still Under Consideration - Score low 500's? What is going on?

tag
Lawlover2
Contributor

BoA Still Under Consideration - Score low 500's? What is going on?

I recently applied for the platinum (or whatever it is) on the BoA website in hopes of being turned down but offered the 99/500 - I just called after 10 days and it says my application is still under review!  Has anyone had this happen or can anyone tell me what this means?  Thanks so much!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA Still Under Consideration - Score low 500's? What is going on?

Lawlover2 wrote:
I recently applied for the platinum (or whatever it is) on the BoA website in hopes of being turned down but offered the 99/500 - I just called after 10 days and it says my application is still under review!  Has anyone had this happen or can anyone tell me what this means?  Thanks so much!

I forget what thread but someone here applied for it to get the 99/500 offer last week and didn't get an approval or denial message... scores would indicate it should have been a denial... she just got the 7-10 day or whatnot message.   I'll try and find the thread later so you can compare notes!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 12
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

LMBO!!! It was you!!!

You're the only one with this.  That is so wild... it's starting to look like you are getting a regular card.

Did you get an automated message?  Maybe try and get a CSR?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing as you did, very beginning of Nov. App'ed for the BoA Platinum Plus, they countered with the 99/500 card. Sent my $99 to them.

Took them 3 weeks before I received it.
Message 4 of 12
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Sylviatob wrote:
I did the same thing as you did, very beginning of Nov. App'ed for the BoA Platinum Plus, they countered with the 99/500 card. Sent my $99 to them.

Took them 3 weeks before I received it.

Sylviatob so did she for the same reason but she didn't get the counter offer... but her scores were too low for the Plat.  What do you think happened?  You had gotten your counter offer immediately, right? 
Message 5 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

what kind of scores did you have when you got the counter offer for 99/500? who do they pull from?
Message 6 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I just first talked to BOA online chat and then also on the phone.  I'm not sure the guy on the phone understood my questions, but this is what I got.
You have to apply for credit card and get declined... then you get the counter offer for 99/500.. but he coudln't tell me because he didn't understand me if this was ALWAYS offered or if that was contingent on some credit factor too!
Then I asked about there secured card because it can go unsecured after certain time.  The rep on the computer, thought that with bk, the computer system would auto decline that even though it's secured.

So please someone fill in the blanks! should i apply for plat. and hope they give the 99/500 to EVERYONE, or am I wasting an inq because BOA is not bk friendly?!

Message 7 of 12
Lawlover2
Contributor

I called last night and was told that is still being reviewed and that no decision has been made . . . check in 3 days.  They must be busy!  I just want an answer!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Sylviatob so did she for the same reason but she didn't get the counter offer... but her scores were too low for the Plat.  What do you think happened?  You had gotten your counter offer immediately, right? "

Yes, SM. In fact on the denial page the counter offer was there. And the denial was instantaneous.
(so was me filling out the application form and getting the $99 in the mail to them.

As a bynote, I checked online my account activity last week, and noticed a 'cli' button. Pushed it, and came back with the standard "we'll send you a letter of our results".  Got the denial letter yesterday, saying it's not available at all for the 99/500 card.Smiley Surprised  No biggie. They didn't even pull a softie on me. And makes perfect sense to me, why I got declined

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also heard that depening on your scores, if they don't offer the 'partial secured' card(the 99/500 one), they'll counter with the secure card. For every $1 you give them, they give you $1 cl. Or something like that.

They have minimum scoring criteria that they use in determining which card to counter with: 99/500 vs. total secured card. And who knows what that reporting criteria is?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.