Contributor
RemyWinchester

BoA Travel Rewards Review - My new #1 card

I just finished my first statement cycle with this card - and as a new BoA customer.

First - the bad:  1.5% "value" back - is not as high as other cards - nor does it have special categories.  I would love to squeeze another .25% out of BoA, but did not apply for the 2%/$75 annual fee version (For a reason - I didn't want to apply -and get denied as this was my first foray into BoA).  Lastly - the sign up bonus is weak ($100) - though it did apply to my first statement already!

Good:  My experience with BoA has actually been very pleasant (so far).  A customer service rep sent me a replacement card with a CHIP that already arrived. 

It is a aesthetically pleasing card.  I have Visa Signature benefits - and it has a chip for my overseas travel.  No Foreign Transaction Fees!  No annual fee either.  I like that - I like getting a card knowing I dont have to downgrade or cancel in a year. 

This card shows transactions online instantly.  I like BoA online better than Chase - not as good as AMEX or USAA, but better than Chase/Navy Fed/Pentagon

My first statement cut and appeared online exactly the day it said my statement cycle was over - not 3-4 days later like Chase.  And they already applied my sign up bonus. 

I have yet to redeem any points - there were no issues applying 1.5 X my statement value for my first rewards.  You redeem them at a value of 1 point/cent to a travel related purchase you have already purchased - so in a way it's the same as Venture points. 

All in all - I LOVE carrying ONLY two cards.  This is my main card - I put $1500 on it the first month with several travel related purchases.  I will continue to use my PENFED gas card for gas and as a backup.  

Hope this helps - I highly recommend it though I know some people loathe BoA.   I carry this over my CSP/Freedom/BCE/USAA MC/NFCU CashRewards so it has some tough competition!

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

Re: BoA Travel Rewards Review - My new #1 card

Thanks for the review!  I have one as well, but haven't used it much yet.  I am currently in UK and have been mostly using my SDFCU chip card for everything here.  The only thing I would like to see for the BoA card is a PIN to be used (and made default) so I don't have to hold up the lines here when two receipts print and the merchant has to stop and look for a pen.  The same thing usually happens with my SDFCU card, though, even though that card has a PIN... for some reason it defaults to requesting my signature.

EX:694 TU:745 EQ:701
Barclays Arrival $6.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - CSP $5k - Amex ED $19.5k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+