Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA affinity cards - mostly gone

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

BoA affinity cards - mostly gone

A couple of months ago I was approved for a BoA affinity credit card -- specifically, the University of Central Florida Alumni Association BankAmericard. I've been enjoying the card very much and, with the talk on this board of another poster being approved for a different affinity card, I went to take a look at how the UCF card on the BoA site to compare benefits, etc. The affinity products are at: https://www.bankofamerica.com/myexpression_banking/overview.do?.

I was surprised to see the credit card offering was gone! I looked at the other universities, and their credit card offerings were also gone. So, I spoke with a CSR via a chat session, and he confirmed that they are no longer offering the affinity card for my school. I didn't specifically ask, but I would assume that this would be true for any of the schools/charities/organizations which no longer display a card offering. He did confirm that my card will continue with my current terms, but I'm really surprised to see so many affinity products have been dropped. Since I really did want this particular card, I'm very glad that I was able to get approved for it while it was still available.

I don't see a credit card offering for the Susan G. Komen card, either, and I know that a poster was just approved for it. This must have been something that happened very recently.

Funny thing is, they're still showing affinity products for checking/savings/investing, but not for credit cards. A FEW cards are still being offered, though, such as Major League Baseball Mastercards.

Does anyone else know anything about this? Any ideas on where BoA is heading with their affinity products?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.