Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA app + CLI reqs for 1 HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA app + CLI reqs for 1 HP?

is it possible to app for a BoA (BBR) then use that same HP for CLI requests (CR & TR)? if so, what's the best way to go about this? thanks in advance!

btw which CRA do they pull from for CLI?

my 2 BoA cards were pulled from EX. they both have the CLI buttons (since i can remember). both accounts are barely 1 yr old. never requested CLIs before.

i keep reading about BBR maybe being phased out soon so it got me thinking. :/

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA app + CLI reqs for 1 HP?

I wouldn't think so, because they mostly use EX for new apps, and TU for CLIs.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh well, i knew it was a stretch. thanks though! i'd still probaby chat/call and bug them about it. Smiley Tongue

speaking of a stretch, every month or so i've been bugging them to PC either one of my cards to BBR and every time, i get denied. lolz!

hey, i want to be that guy that fell through the BoA BBR PC crack!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

oh well, i knew it was a stretch. thanks though! i'd still probaby chat/call and bug them about it. Smiley Tongue

speaking of a stretch, every month or so i've been bugging them to PC either one of my cards to BBR and every time, i get denied. lolz!

hey, i want to be that guy that fell through the BoA BBR PC crack!!! Smiley Very Happy

Unless you can fall through the BOA "cracks" the BBR PC isn't happening.  If your profile supports it, you can apply for multiple BBRs.

As far as an app and CLI - two HPs.  Unless UW has some felxibility *after* you submit the application, and if approved, can discuss whether using the same HP for a CLI is possible - doubtful but YEMV.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless you can fall through the BOA "cracks" the BBR PC isn't happening.  If your profile supports it, you can apply for multiple BBRs.

As far as an app and CLI - two HPs.  Unless UW has some felxibility *after* you submit the application, and if approved, can discuss whether using the same HP for a CLI is possible - doubtful but YEMV.

hmm multiple BBR. can i app for it at the same time? or do they have to be spread apart, like 6 mos in between? my profile might be able to support it. and i've also been banking with them.

fwiw, im only eyeing 2 more cards to add into my arsenal - citi DC and BoA BBR. then i'd be pretty satisfied .. til something better comes along. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hmm multiple BBR. can i app for it at the same time? or do they have to be spread apart, like 6 mos in between? my profile might be able to support it. and i've also been banking with them. 

Applying for both BBRs at the same time will not yield the desired results.  One of those applications could get cancelled/not approved as a duplicate - YEMV.  For best results, if you get approved for the 1st BBR, then wait about ~6 months and apply for the 2nd one. Unless you have a lot parked with BOA and your current BOA cards have been established for a very long time, then that might not be an issue - otherwise, space things out.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Applying for both BBRs at the same time will not yield the desired results.  One of those applications could get cancelled/not approved as a duplicate - YEMV.  For best results, if you get approved for the 1st BBR, then wait about ~6 months and apply for the 2nd one. Unless you have a lot parked with BOA and your current BOA cards have been established for a very long time, then that might not be an issue - otherwise, space things out.

i see. TYVM! noob but eager to learn here. so any advice is greatly appreciated. 

not that long with my cards - barely a year. and not a lot parked with BoA - 10-15K between my checking and savings.

thanks again!  

Message 7 of 16
willwar14
Valued Contributor

If you are interested in getting 2 cards with BofA at the same time, I would rec applying for the Travel card and the Rewards card, both should use the same pull, my dad for example, applied for both at the same time, got double pulled EX and TU, both CRAs were around 800, both approved for a 22k and 12k SL.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

If you are interested in getting 2 cards with BofA at the same time, I would rec applying for the Travel card and the Rewards card, both should use the same pull, my dad for example, applied for both at the same time, got double pulled EX and TU, both CRAs were around 800, both approved for a 22k and 12k SL.

yeah, didn't know that at the time. noob! :/ i apped for those two, 35 days apart. needless to say, 2 EX HP! smh! but now im here and learning along the way. thanks to all the great members here. =)

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

I think generally speaking that is great advice, especially while the TR is at $200 and the CR has $175.  OP already has both of these and I would guess it could be approved....but better off to do BBR solo....or if desperate combine with cobranded card. I would make this the exception that using 1 hp is just fine for 1 card especially one that easily pays out $120 year after year...but geez who knows how much longer that will continue?  I have heard that BBR's are not going to be available next year, but do u think BOA would alienate its members and nerf the rewards on the existing cards?  I wouldn't hate them if they did but I would think less of them.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.