Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA blacklist forever on settled COs?

tag
jeduhi
Contributor

BoA blacklist forever on settled COs?

The title pretty much says it all I'm settling on an account that was CO with them. I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten back in after the fact? I just know they are one of the most often mentioned in rebuilding.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: BoA blacklist forever on settled COs?

I don't know if you will be blacklisted ~ but in terms of GW very few people have had success with BoA.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

They will let you back in when you are gray and old and treat you like crap ever after.

At least, that is what they did to me. 

Paid CO - paid every nickle of their fees, interest, blah, blah, blah.  I even dragged it out 9 months to prove myself worthy starting with a 7 or 9K balance.

They do what they want because they are too big to fail, care just becasue they can.

Message 3 of 8
jeduhi
Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I won't lose sleep over it. I don't really like their banking principles. I was wronged by them in their overdraft fees before and still waiting on my check. Then again what bank outside of credit unions have what are even close to morals.
Message 4 of 8
sandsanta
Contributor

That's a wrong way to look at it.  A bank extended you credit and you failed to live up to your end of the contract.  Consider this: if someone you loaned money to ditched and didn't pay back, would you do it again?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB Definitely Blacklists, So I'm Sure BofA Does Too

Message 6 of 8
jeduhi
Contributor

First off they had to agree to the settlement via their collection agency. I paid originally what I was on the hook for they had charged me $1700 in fees and interest. This all coming after the fact I had made an attempt to rehab the account and an agent transposed two numbers on my checking account. They proceeded not to call and immediately charged the account off and even added some NSF fees for my time! If they are that concerned about it once they send me what I calculate to be ~$1500 in erroneous overdraft fees I will happily pay them the money. If it hadn't been for them charging those fees in the first place my bank account would have had more than enough to pay off a lousy $500 in credit card charges and I would still be in the good with a higher credit score. As previously stated I personally don't care if they ever extend me credit again. I just have a goal of maximizing my amount of available credit over the next 5 years, and wondered if they would be a part of it. Apparently not, so I will not even risk the inquiry.

I guess you are part of the 1% and can afford to pay. Smiley Indifferent

@sandsanta wrote:

That's a wrong way to look at it.  A bank extended you credit and you failed to live up to your end of the contract.  Consider this: if someone you loaned money to ditched and didn't pay back, would you do it again?

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

GEMB Definitely Blacklists, So I'm Sure BofA Does Too

GE may black list for a little bit but they don't forever and much shorter then others.

Not sure about BofA but been posts more this year about getting back in with Amex which seemed impossible a couple years ago.

Chase also seems to Black List around the 10 year mark, BK has to be gone, etc.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.