Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

Re: BoA cancelled my Visa due to inactivity of less than 1 year?

Revelate wrote:

CS800 wrote:

A_Madel wrote:

Oh my. That's very disturbing. They are also my oldest trade. I guess I'll have to use them against my will. I can only hope they don't pull that with me. Nothing with them is safe apparently ..... So, they just "made up" a reason? And there's no recourse? Digusted.

As harsh as it seems, banks do have some $$ too so any credit extended that's not making them some kind of $$ doesnt look good.

It's worse than that. 

Their credit extended has to be countered by their financial reserve: so in this case, they're tying up money on a customer who isn't making them any money, instead of going out and getting a different one who will.  Also they can't invest it in pretty much anything more profitable, so it's pretty much lost income all the way around for the bank.  Bad mojo, and worse math: any lender will close the card or otherwise CLD it and go utilize that resource somewhere else.

+1.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}