Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA changes Statement Categories

tag
fuzzy-bear
Established Member

BoA changes Statement Categories

I recently received notice from Bank of America that:

Your statement will now show four categories of transactions, In addition to Purchases and Balance Tranfers, your statement will show Bank Cash Advances and a new category called Direct Deposit and Check Cash Advances and a new category called Direct Deposit and Check Cash Advances. See the table on the reverse side for more details.

There's a limit on certain cash transactions, Initially, the maximum amount available for Bank Cash Advances will be 30% of you total credit line. This limit is called the Cash Credit Line. We'll continue to review the credit lines assigned to your account.

Does anyone totally get this?, and has anyone else encountered this

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ontop
Regular Contributor

Re: BoA changes cash advance on 2 cards

Yes, I did received it in the form of postal mail 1 month ago saying the same thing, 30% cash advance on my total CL, effective on June 26. I did not use any of their cash advance and have no idea what in their mind though.

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 2 of 5
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Got my letter a month ago.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 5
smc733
Valued Contributor

I was always wondering what the CA limit on BofA actually was, since they never really disclose it anywhere.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 5
Open123
Super Contributor

I received the letter in June disclosing the new cash advance terms.  Mostly, the percentage of cash advance to credit limit has lowered, along with various "other" transactions that used to be categorized as purchases will not be treated as "cash advance."

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.