Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA closed my account !!!

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: BoA closed my account !!!

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I'm surprised no one is even raised any issue regarding OP's FICO Scores.

If those are current then they also very likely to have been an even bigger factor in the action taken.

That's something not much pointed out but some lenders measure progress if any where those are concerned and can play a part in them retracting credit lines if not outright closing cards no matter perfect payments etc.

It's part of the calculation used to make decisions especially when little or no upward movement is seen for some period of time.

I wondered the same thing but they are from "4/15".

Message 11 of 14
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

@elim wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I'm surprised no one is even raised any issue regarding OP's FICO Scores.

If those are current then they also very likely to have been an even bigger factor in the action taken.

That's something not much pointed out but some lenders measure progress if any where those are concerned and can play a part in them retracting credit lines if not outright closing cards no matter perfect payments etc.

It's part of the calculation used to make decisions especially when little or no upward movement is seen for some period of time.

I wondered the same thing but they are from "4/15".

Those are from last year. 

Current Cards:
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your scores now? What were they before the large purchases?
Message 13 of 14
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

The score with TU is 670 right now. It was 692 in June when I made the purchases. 

I sent an email and a person from the executive office called me. She basically mentioned the same reasons listed in the letter but she added another reason: the number of delinquent account! That was a shocker .. I do not have delinquent accounts except for that one time late payment on a car loan in 2011. 

She looked at a recent report and she said yeah you'r e right .. but there's nothing I can do. You can call transuion and ask them why they'r providing this reason. 

She said the account was inactive for so long that we stopped updating the terms and conditions for it.. so when it was closed they have a policy that if the terms and conditions are not current they will NOT re-open the account. 

That sucks! 

Current Cards:
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.