cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA fully secured, could I still be turned down?

tag
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA fully secured, could I still be turned down?

BoA must have cracked down recently.  I tried their pre-app page about a month ago and it listed 3 pretty good offers.  I didn't take them, because it was just to satisfy my curiousity again.  I tried it again last week and 0 offers.  Might just be coincidence.  I dont know.

It suggested I apply for a fully secured card, but that wasn't an offer.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

thrasher865 wrote:
BoA must have cracked down recently.  I tried their pre-app page about a month ago and it listed 3 pretty good offers.  I didn't take them, because it was just to satisfy my curiousity again.  I tried it again last week and 0 offers.  Might just be coincidence.  I dont know.

It suggested I apply for a fully secured card, but that wasn't an offer.

If you let your offers expire, it will be about three weeks before they generate new offers for you.  In the meantime the site will tell you that you have no offers.

Message 12 of 18
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Thanks cheddar, that makes me feel a lot better, lol.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.  Kind of scared me the first time I saw it, too. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I think Im going to take the plunge and accept the secure card. From what I have read, even the bofa secured is not easy to get. I could use another good TL to dilute all the baddies I have.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've gotta get a secured card, BofA is the way to go, because they have a proven track record of graduating users to better cards. This is in stark contrast to certain other rebuilders, with whom you're unlikely to ever get above $300 to $500 with a $69 annual fee.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im excited. Im waiting for my next check so I can send the 300. Deadline August 24, maybe I can save more than 300 for the initial deposit. I have another question.... So, the more money you put in the collateral, the higher the cl would be when it unsecures?
Message 17 of 18
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you've gotta get a secured card, BofA is the way to go, because they have a proven track record of graduating users to better cards. This is in stark contrast to certain other rebuilders, with whom you're unlikely to ever get above $300 to $500 with a $69 annual fee.

Complete agree with TNWM. The BOA secured card is the best in the business and definitely the way to go!
Here we go again...
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.