Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA graduation... and then denial.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA graduation... and then denial.

Hey guys,

I've had my BoA fully secured for over nine months now, and I called the other day and they unsecured it with the standard $500 CLI from $800 to $1300. I asked if I could upgrade to another card without an annual fee and they said I'd have to have a CL of at least $2000 and they couldn't raise me that much right now. The guy transferred me over to the new application line because he recommended that I just get a new card with no credit limit. No go. I was denied for two different cards.

Last time I checked my scores (maybe a month and a half ago?) I was just about 700. These were my first apps in eight months. No baddies, decent utilization. Short history though. The secured card was my first card, and I got a Capital One card about a month later. I'm also a full-time student so I have very little income from my seasonal job.

Should I try to call BoA back for a recon, or is it not worth it? If so, what number should I call? I tried a couple on the backdoor numbers thread and they only handled exsisting cardholder issues, not recons on denials.

Thanks,

Nick 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BoA graduation... and then denial.

you should always call BofA for recon.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.