Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA inundating me with "convenience checks"

tag
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

BoA inundating me with "convenience checks"

BoA has been inundating me with convenience checks for my Sig. Visa that I have with them.

They have been sending me the same letter that contains three BT/cash advance offers exactly six times!

Yes, six times! This is crazy! All that wasted postage and paper!

I truly dislike it when banks do that. They look desperate and make me feel uncomfortable. I usually tear up these letters immediately. However, I have never been "pursued" as much as by BoA.

Now I am waiting for this letter to arrive in my mailbox for the seventh time. Do you think it'll happen?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA inundating me with "convenience checks"

@wollepopolle wrote:

BoA has been inundating me with convenience checks for my Sig. Visa that I have with them.

They have been sending me the same letter that contains three BT/cash advance offers exactly six times!

Yes, six times! This is crazy! All that wasted postage and paper!

I truly dislike it when banks do that. They look desperate and make me feel uncomfortable. I usually tear up these letters immediately. However, I have never been "pursued" as much as by BoA.

Now I am waiting for this letter to arrive in my mailbox for the seventh time. Do you think it'll happen?

They'll stop sending them to you. Just opt-out directly with Bank of America.

Message 2 of 8
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Same here on my BofA AMEX
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

I called them last eyar to put an end to sending me advance checks.  I haven't received any since.  I had to the same for PenFed recently. 

Message 4 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

i need to opt out with capital one.  they're annoying me with these checks.  can't write a lot of checks with $1,000 anyway Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

LilMirth wrote:They'll stop sending them to you. Just opt-out directly with Bank of America.
Thanks for the link. However, I've filled the same thing out before. When I have a free minute, I might do it again, hoping that this time they'll apply the information.
Message 6 of 8
Imua
Frequent Contributor

when i first opened my BofA cc (gold visa), i received a separatemonthly  letter with the convenience checks.  for the past year, however,  those convenience checks are included in the same envelope with my monthly statement... every month Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 8
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Bank of America has been doing this to me, as well. The latest one included something about "we've increased your credit limit, so you have even more ways to take advantage of these checks!"

Thanks, B of A, but I'm good. Thanks anyway for the CLI, though! Smiley Tongue

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.