Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA is gonna make me HP my secured CC

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA is gonna make me HP my secured CC

@negg wrote:

BofA is worthless IMO. They are hard pull crazy.  Have my card for 2 years, actually the HP is getting removed in a week. They have done nothing in 2 years no CLI, asked for an apr reduction, they wanted a hard pull.  That card is beyond the sock drawer. It's my lowest cc limit. Started at 1500. Still at 1500. Every other card has grown bye 50%. Not BofA. 

Btw there CSR are about the most uninformed people I have ever spoken too. I was told its the law, in order to get a CLI they must use a hard pull. Lol

LOL. They wanted a hard pull? At least they don't recite the card art of 2009 to you like Chase does...haha. They live by the card art.

@Anonymous wrote:

No. No baddies with them? If I did though, why would they approve me for the secured card?

No necessarily true. Some banks give you a second chance even if in the past you had a collection with them.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boa does a hp to unsecure your card if you request it. If they review your account randomly they will not do a hp. At least this is what was told to me by one of their analysts. I had no clue about the 9 month thing mine was unsecured before my 8th month was up, but I did call to ask and they pulled TU. I rarely used that card and I had high utilization on my Amazon card which they held against me, but the increased my limit 1k and I also did a product change to the cash rewards card. After the card is unsecured I was told they automatically review every 6 months for a cli which is a sp. However I can not vaildate that yet. In my case they only used TU.

Message 12 of 25
JLK93
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Plus, I'm worried another HP with interffre with my 61 day AMEX 3x CLI. 

It won't affect your 61 day AMEX CLI.

The HP from BoA will be on Transunion. Amex will base your CLI on their last soft pull on Experian.

Message 13 of 25
JLK93
Established Contributor

@One7 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

unless it somehow happens on it's own by the computer if you request it to graduate it is ALWAYS a HP.

Just call and get it unsecured and product changed over to a rewards card.

Then tomorrow when it is unsecured in the system call the regular credit department (not secured credit department) and ask for a CLI to higher then your current highest (they will use the same pull for 30 days for all requests)

Believe someone just posted yesterday they went unsecured and got cli to $15k in 2 or 3 different phone calls.

Great advice

+1 Great advice.

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I knew this I would have called back a third time. I tried this after my card was unsecured and was told they would have to do another hp and this was 3 days afterwards. 

@Creditaddict wrote:

unless it somehow happens on it's own by the computer if you request it to graduate it is ALWAYS a HP.

Just call and get it unsecured and product changed over to a rewards card.

Then tomorrow when it is unsecured in the system call the regular credit department (not secured credit department) and ask for a CLI to higher then your current highest (they will use the same pull for 30 days for all requests)

Believe someone just posted yesterday they went unsecured and got cli to $15k in 2 or 3 different phone calls.

Message 15 of 25
keithB
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yep... That seems to be the way it works as BoA is on my list after they denied me.  You either wait until they do it or take the HP if you initiate it.

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I just ask for my deposit, they will close the card. Will that hurt my credit score like a unsecured card?

Message 17 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I just ask for my deposit, they will close the card. Will that hurt my credit score like a unsecured card?

closing a card isn't what hurts your credit per say... closing credit just removes that credit line from being calculated in your utiliuzation, if your overall util. is low than it won't hurt you.

Message 18 of 25
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

closing a card isn't what hurts your credit per say... closing credit just removes that credit line from being calculated in your utiliuzation, if your overall util. is low than it won't hurt you.

I have a feeling BoA will do this to me :/

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA will look for any excuse to HP you.  HPs are supposed to alert other members of the financial community that a certain individual is requesting more credit.  That's not what BofA does, for example, when they HP for the temerity of increasing the CL of your secured card.  How is that asking for more credit?  You want to give them more of YOUR MONEY for them to hold.  Yet, the do the HP.  Completely asinine.

Having said that, BofA offers the best secured card out there and has many good points, just not this HP business.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.