Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA is gonna make me HP my secured CC

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Re: BoA is gonna make me HP my secured CC

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA will look for any excuse to HP you.  HPs are supposed to alert other members of the financial community that a certain individual is requesting more credit.  That's not what BofA does, for example, when they HP for the temerity of increasing the CL of your secured card.  How is that asking for more credit?  You want to give them more of YOUR MONEY for them to hold.  Yet, the do the HP.  Completely asinine.

Having said that, BofA offers the best secured card out there and has many good points, just not this HP business.

I feel like at this rate my secured cards will be several years old before anything happens lol.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got worse. I just looked at my TU credit report, apparently they dinged me for an inquiry in April I never asked them too. I had a baddie I didn't know about back then...

Message 22 of 25
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got worse. I just looked at my TU credit report, apparently they dinged me for an inquiry in April I never asked them too. I had a baddie I didn't know about back then...

I'd be calling someone up.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 23 of 25
iHackerSix
New Contributor

Don't lose hope. Both my sister and I had the 1-2-3 Cash Rewards 99/500 partial secured card and they were both unsecured just after the 12 statement cut. It may seem like it's forever but it's not. Just continue using it and PIF would be my advice as that's what we did and it worked. My sister had her 99.00 returned and an auto CLI to 2,500 while I had my 99.00 returned and left at 500 limit =( Oh well, I ending up closing the account and moving onto better cards. Fast forward to today and I'm back with BofA and the identical twin Susan G Komen 1-2-3 Cash Rewards World MasterCard and a nice 5,000 limit! So again, treat BofA right and they may rewards you.

Message 24 of 25
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

According to CK my DW has 2 HP from BoA (TU), one from March and one from April. She did put more money into her card (didn't know it was a HP) in April, but don't know why there is a HP in March because she got the card in February.

She was thinking in adding more money, but she has 5 HP already in TU since February she started her credit history. Knowing it is going to be a HP, then maybe is better to wait for month 8 or 9 and ask for early graduation. Don't like toy limits, that's why she wanted to go to 5K deposit and wait for graduation. Maybe is better to wait. Don't know what to do.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.