Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA is the Best!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA is the Best!!!!!!!

I applied for the BofA card back On Apr 1, and was denied. That was my second denial from them this year. I was confused by this since i bank with them and i have a good history with them. after reading OP's thread, i called the backdoor # and found out I was being denied because an old boyfriend had me listed on his CC as an AU and it has gone to collections. I found out about this last year when i first started repairing my credit, i called BofA and they promptly removed it from my CR. The credit ananlyst i spoke with told me i should have told them that when i applied and they would have approved it. They can see what the computer can't. wish i had known to mention it.now i gotta reapply.
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

sexyladyshaq wrote:
Ok, so just last week, I was denied for the BoA Platinum Visa. I called the backdoor number and verified some information and was approved for $2,500. Two days later, I requested an increase and was grated 1k more. Three days later, I requester another increase and was granted 2.5k more and today I called and requested another increase and was granted 2k more, plus the WorldCard with 3k CL. Wow.....A total of 11k with BoA within 1 week (I got all the increases because I kept telling them I was going to do a BT).

I feel good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoA rocks.

Okay... so all of these increase bugs are getting to me, and you inspired me... so in addition to asking AMEX for a credit line increase, I called BoA and asked for one...

I got their regular gold card for $7500 2 months ago.  Have put a little on it here and there, and PIF'd.  I asked for an increase to $15,000 (AMEX just increased me to $15,900 - so .....)

And I was told I had to go to the credit experts (forget what they're called) -- any who......

Not only do I get the increase to $15k, she asks me why I don't have world perks... and that there's no pull for my credit report, and she'll give me that with a credit line of $25,000

This is the card that has all the points that can be used for anything, including cash-back.  Wow.. I too may love BoA even more than PenFed now!!  WOW. 

THANK YOU for the inspiration!  Smiley Very Happy
Message 12 of 25
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sexyladyshaq wrote:
Ok, so just last week, I was denied for the BoA Platinum Visa. I called the backdoor number and verified some information and was approved for $2,500. Two days later, I requested an increase and was grated 1k more. Three days later, I requester another increase and was granted 2.5k more and today I called and requested another increase and was granted 2k more, plus the WorldCard with 3k CL. Wow.....A total of 11k with BoA within 1 week (I got all the increases because I kept telling them I was going to do a BT).
I feel good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BoA rocks.

Okay... so all of these increase bugs are getting to me, and you inspired me... so in addition to asking AMEX for a credit line increase, I called BoA and asked for one...
I got their regular gold card for $7500 2 months ago. Have put a little on it here and there, and PIF'd. I asked for an increase to $15,000 (AMEX just increased me to $15,900 - so .....)
And I was told I had to go to the credit experts (forget what they're called) -- any who......
Not only do I get the increase to $15k, she asks me why I don't have world perks... and that there's no pull for my credit report, and she'll give me that with a credit line of $25,000
This is the card that has all the points that can be used for anything, including cash-back. Wow.. I too may love BoA even more than PenFed now!! WOW.
THANK YOU for the inspiration! Smiley Very Happy

Nice day for you. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:

Nice day for you. Smiley Happy

You know.. it still does bug me though... this whole thing about let us THROW you credit when you don't really need it (or even ask)... but if you even have a HINT of wanting/needing it.. they'll shut it up.  Not that I'm complaining...(oh shoot, yes I am?!)... I'm the beneficiary of it now, but I remember all too well, not too long ago how different it was.

I guess the good news is... if it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone.  Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 25
drod360

Can someone please let me know what this "back door" # is that everyone is talking about?

Thanks in advance!
Message 15 of 25
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Get credit when you don't need it, so it'll be there when you do.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 16 of 25
Niki9
Regular Contributor

Congrats to all of you!!!!

I am scared to apply to B of A.

I don't like to be denied.

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

drod360 wrote:

Can someone please let me know what this "back door" # is that everyone is talking about?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Drod,

It's listed on the top of the credit card page/thread in what they're calling a 'sticky' - a thread with frequently requested info.  When entering the forums, and going to the Credit Card board... look about 10-12 threads down from the top.

Message 18 of 25
sexyladyshaq
Established Member

Hey the backdoor number is 866-506-5067.

Good luck
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA hates meSmiley Sad
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.