Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA pay the same day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA pay the same day

Just fyi that BoA lets you pay the same day you incur charges even before they fully post. I charegd some gas today and wanted to PIF and have it post today. BoA let me put in the payment the same day, even though the charge had not fully posted yet.

It was conveneint for me and Cabela's and Chase allow you to do the same thing. It is helpful if you want something to post today and get it off your plate (no scheduling a payment for future or waiting , or any of that). This feature may or may not be important to you, but wanted to mention - fyi.

Have a great evening!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA pay the same day

I do love that about BofA. If I I want a couple of my cards to report zero, it works because I can spend and pay.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

True musiclover! I do have to admit I am not really a BoA fan at this time (I just think Citi and Barclay are way more customer focused, friendly and willing to go out of their way for customers. and reward good customers with high credit lines, but that's me).

I do agree this feature is especially convenient and thoughts others might want to be aware. For me it's not about having the card close to the limit or anything. This is just one of the cards I want to keep at a zero balance in my collection. So I'll use it for gas and now that I know I can pay the same day, don't have to worry about doing so down the road or having to wait and schedule a payment for the future. 

I like that about my Cabela's card too. It's convenient and allows you to get a payment out of the way quickly, and have it post the same day.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I do love that about BofA. If I I want a couple of my cards to report zero, it works because I can spend and pay.

You also made a really good point here. Let's say you were charging fairly close to your statment cut date, but really wanted to ensure the card reported zero. This feature definitely allows you to do that, versus some cards where you have to wait days for charge to post, and then -bingo -  your statement posts with a balance. Really good point musicolver!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spend and pay a ton.... and I have to say, its pretty darn annoying that Citi makes me log in to my mobile banking and make a payment through there instead of just taking a regular payment.... whatever.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also love that about my BOA card. MY Capital one VISA, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, PayPal MC, never let me do that except for my wells Fargo.

I wonder for the BOA can you still receive the points even if you pay immediately before payment posts? < that is the only thing keeping me away from paying early.
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I also love that about my BOA card. MY Capital one VISA, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, PayPal MC, never let me do that except for my wells Fargo.

I wonder for the BOA can you still receive the points even if you pay immediately before payment posts? < that is the only thing keeping me away from paying early.

Of course...once the purchase posts you will get your points. I do it often.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So far, the cards I have discovered that allow you the convenience of paying right away, even before your charge posts are the following:

Chase

Cabela's (love my Cabela's!)

BoA

Please add to the list if anyone is aware of others. Hope this helps someone!

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So far, the cards I have discovered that allow you the convenience of paying right away, even before your charge posts are the following:

Chase

BoA

Capital One Quicksilver

Discover (although I have only done this once)

American Express Charge and Revolvers

Message 9 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase

BoA

Capital One Quicksilver

Discover (although I have only done this once)

American Express Charge and Revolvers

There are two different things that you might want to do:

1) Pay any amount you like, whether or not there are pending charges

2) Pay up to balance and pending

FIA (and I assume the rest of BoA) let's you do 1)

Amex, Discover and Cap One don't, IME  letting you only  do 2).   Citi allows 105% of balance

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.