Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA payment hold?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA payment hold?

I'm guessing maybe it's because your account is so new?
Had BOA for many years, I really like them I hope you will too
Message 11 of 13
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm guessing maybe it's because your account is so new?
Had BOA for many years, I really like them I hope you will too

Certainly possible, though the rep didn't indicate as such. It was just odd that it would give me the option to make a payment, only to apply it to a nonexistent account. The rep was shocked and apologized for not having a reasonable explanation. When she couldn't fix the problem from her end, you could actually hear the confusion in her voice, so at least it wasn't just me. 

I had assumed they held payments because the account was so new, but couldn't find the answer, hence the question on the boards. 

I hope to like BoA too. I actually liked them when I had an account way back when. Just seems like it requires a little persistence to get the answers I need, but that's all good. MF has taught me to advocate for me. Smiley Happy 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is very common with new accounts with many lenders. I have seen it talked about here many times. I'm much more surprised that no one that posted knew about it, than the fact that it is happening. Usually when this happens it is only for the first payment. They just want to make sure that everything is truly on the up and up before giving you access to more money. It's just in case some fraud is happening, so they dont get burned even more. Things go much more quickly after that. I wouldnt sweat it at all. Just wait until it clears and you should be good to go from there on out.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.