Did you mean: 

BoA ... "Too many Credit line increase requests"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA ... "Too many Credit line increase requests"

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you FinStar for your input Smiley Happy ... I may try it more that 6 months now since I have tried 3x already. Or hoping for BoA's auto luv Smiley Happy. The reason of my initial denial was "account opened less than 90 days".

Gotcha.  I believe 6 months should be good to give it another whirl.  In the meantime, do your best to get your profile to an optimal level so you can get a decent CLI.  What is the CL on the card?

I will try it out on my 6th statement cut Smiley Happy ... my CL is $5K.

Message 11 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you FinStar for your input Smiley Happy ... I may try it more that 6 months now since I have tried 3x already. Or hoping for BoA's auto luv Smiley Happy. The reason of my initial denial was "account opened less than 90 days".

Gotcha.  I believe 6 months should be good to give it another whirl.  In the meantime, do your best to get your profile to an optimal level so you can get a decent CLI.  What is the CL on the card?

Sounds good.  Btw, definitely not a bad SL to start out!   Don't add any new accounts or HPs, maintain normal usage levels/reporting and avoid high utilization.  In 6+ months, you'd be surprised what they can offer.

Message 12 of 20
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

Based on my experience, BoA likes 6 months between the cli requests.  I started at 5k about 2 and half years ago and now it's at 60k.  Stay patient and use the card and they will reward you.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 13 of 20
ddemari
Super Contributor

Wow 60k on a boa card, impressive!
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds good.  Btw, definitely not a bad SL to start out!   Don't add any new accounts or HPs, maintain normal usage levels/reporting and avoid high utilization.  In 6+ months, you'd be surprised what they can offer.

Thank you FinStar! 👍😊

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iwazl71 wrote:

Based on my experience, BoA likes 6 months between the cli requests.  I started at 5k about 2 and half years ago and now it's at 60k.  Stay patient and use the card and they will reward you.

Wow 60K! I want to be like you when I grow up ... Lol Smiley Happy. Patience is definitely a key to BoA's CLIs Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@iwazl71 wrote:

That's impressive. How much usage as percent of current card limit do you think they need to see in order to give large CLI? 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would give it 90 days or until you've had the card for 6 months, whichever is longer.
Message 18 of 20
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

$5k is a good starting CL, congratulations for that. It's best to go ahead and use that CL for quite some time before requesting an increase.

What are the limits on the other CC you have?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

$5k is a good starting CL, congratulations for that. It's best to go ahead and use that CL for quite some time before requesting an increase.

What are the limits on the other CC you have?

Thank you. My other CLs : a few $5ks, $7K, $9K and $14K Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.