Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA ... "Too many Credit line increase requests"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA ... "Too many Credit line increase requests"

Hello,

Just needed your opinion. I applied for BoA CLI prior to my 3rd statement last Dec 2015 but was denied and requested for a Recon but was also denied due to "less than 90 days from account opening". I applied again today after my 4th statement but No luck again and now the reason for the denial "Too many recent credit line increase requests". They used the same credit report I did with my CLI request. Will it raise red flags if asking for too many CLIs for BoA? The Senior credit analyst that helped me with my CLI reauest also mentioned that BoA did a SP last Dec 22nd. Hope they will not AA me with my CLI requests Smiley Sad. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA ... "Too many Credit line increase requests"

To be blunt,  it looks desperate given the account is fairly new IMO.  Why not wait and space them out?  All it takes is one analyst to look into things a bit deeper and that could delay getting them.  I wouldn't think AA is imminent but the majority of the time, they tend to document things in their notes + they can see how may CLI requests you've submitted vs those that have been automatically assigned.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

To be blunt,  it looks desperate given the account is fairly new IMO.  Why not wait and space them out?  All it takes is one analyst to look into things a bit deeper and that could delay getting them.  I wouldn't think AA is imminent but the majority of the time, they tend to document things in their notes + they can see how may CLI requests you've submitted vs those that have been automatically assigned.

Thank you. I was not desperate in getting the CLI but I just got influenced after reading here some success stories of getting approved even less than 30 days Smiley Sad. So, when is it safe to ask again CLI? 6 months from opening or just wait for auto luv?

Message 3 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Thank you. I was not desperate in getting the CLI but I just got influenced after reading here some success stories of getting approved even less than 30 days Smiley Sad. So, when is it safe to ask again CLI? 6 months from opening or just wait for auto luv?

No worries, I didn't say you were desperate but rather see it from their perspective.  Success stories does not always = the same for everyone.  That tends to be the downfall in a variety of cases for individuals whose profiles do not support cerain things, like in your case.

But, what's done is done and you can definitely try again at the 6 month mark (minimum) and see if it provides a fruitful outcome.  Auto-CLIs are far and in between with BOA, much like Chase's auto-CLIs.  On occasion, they do offer pre-approved (CLI) solicitations (online, snail mail or email) but typically for folks with decent or excellent profiles.  So, you never know.

Out of curiousity, what was the reason they declined your 1st CLI attempt?

Message 4 of 20
ddemari
Super Contributor

whats your TU Fico? i never had CLI sucess with boa till my score was 700 range and my card was open for a year. Lots of people have sucess at the 6 month mark with a good score and use on the card though. 

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

whats your TU Fico? i never had CLI sucess with boa till my score was 700 range and my card was open for a year. Lots of people have sucess at the 6 month mark with a good score and use on the card though. 

My TU Fico score was 706 at time of request. I guess I will have ti try it again after my 6th statement cut Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that Amex and Discover have the easiest CLI.

Message 7 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems that Amex and Discover have the easiest CLI.

Easiest is subjective.  Just read up on some Discover or AmEx threads for individuals whose experiences/outcomes are the contrary.  Just depends on the individual's overall profile.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

No worries, I didn't say you were desperate but rather see it from their perspective.  Success stories does not always = the same for everyone.  That tends to be the downfall in a variety of cases for individuals whose profiles do not support cerain things, like in your case.

But, what's done is done and you can definitely try again at the 6 month mark (minimum) and see if it provides a fruitful outcome.  Auto-CLIs are far and in between with BOA, much like Chase's auto-CLIs.  On occasion, they do offer pre-approved (CLI) solicitations (online, snail mail or email) but typically for folks with decent or excellent profiles.  So, you never know.

Out of curiousity, what was the reason they declined your 1st CLI attempt?

Thank you FinStar for your input Smiley Happy ... I may try it more that 6 months now since I have tried 3x already. Or hoping for BoA's auto luv Smiley Happy. The reason of my initial denial was "account opened less than 90 days".

Message 9 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you FinStar for your input Smiley Happy ... I may try it more that 6 months now since I have tried 3x already. Or hoping for BoA's auto luv Smiley Happy. The reason of my initial denial was "account opened less than 90 days".

Gotcha.  I believe 6 months should be good to give it another whirl.  In the meantime, do your best to get your profile to an optimal level so you can get a decent CLI.  What is the CL on the card?

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.