Valued Contributor
parakleet

BoA really wants to post a statement balance

So I had SD'd my BoA 123 card for a few months - the last time I let a balance report was in May. Since then, I PIF'd before the statement cut so it had been reporting a zero balance for the June, July, and Aug. Then I SD'd the card and didn't even receive a statement for Sept. I used it at the end of Sept and was going to PIF before the statement cut but it seems that the online system won't let me make a payment until the statement cuts! It's not that big a deal since I'm in the garden but I had inadvertently let a couple of my other cards report a balance (promptly PIF) and I had to get new glasses and contacts so my Discover (0% apr) will be reporting a slightly higher bal than the previous month.

I thought it was funny that it seems like BoA wants me to report a balance before I can pay my bill! I called the CSR number on the back of the card and I think I can make a over the phone payment if I really don't want to report a balance. I haven't decided whether that's worth doing. I'm sure my fico will take a ding since a few more cards reported a balance than my usual. Anyone experience something like this?

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Established Contributor
missjae

Re: BoA really wants to post a statement balance

[ Edited ]

Amex does this to me on both cards. The accounts were opened at the end of August. I hate making phone calls, so I've set up my bank account to push payments through to some of my creditors. Also comes in handy if I make a transaction close to the statement closing date so I can pay for the transaction before the statement date.

Senior Contributor
B335is

Re: BoA really wants to post a statement balance

Interesting. Only time this happened on my 123 card was the first statement.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}