Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA really wants to post a statement balance

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

BoA really wants to post a statement balance

So I had SD'd my BoA 123 card for a few months - the last time I let a balance report was in May. Since then, I PIF'd before the statement cut so it had been reporting a zero balance for the June, July, and Aug. Then I SD'd the card and didn't even receive a statement for Sept. I used it at the end of Sept and was going to PIF before the statement cut but it seems that the online system won't let me make a payment until the statement cuts! It's not that big a deal since I'm in the garden but I had inadvertently let a couple of my other cards report a balance (promptly PIF) and I had to get new glasses and contacts so my Discover (0% apr) will be reporting a slightly higher bal than the previous month.

I thought it was funny that it seems like BoA wants me to report a balance before I can pay my bill! I called the CSR number on the back of the card and I think I can make a over the phone payment if I really don't want to report a balance. I haven't decided whether that's worth doing. I'm sure my fico will take a ding since a few more cards reported a balance than my usual. Anyone experience something like this?

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
missjae
Established Contributor

Re: BoA really wants to post a statement balance

Amex does this to me on both cards. The accounts were opened at the end of August. I hate making phone calls, so I've set up my bank account to push payments through to some of my creditors. Also comes in handy if I make a transaction close to the statement closing date so I can pay for the transaction before the statement date.

Message 2 of 3
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA really wants to post a statement balance

Interesting. Only time this happened on my 123 card was the first statement.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.