cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA secured recently unsecured. CLI difficulty?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA secured recently unsecured. CLI difficulty?

I have had my BoA card since 03/14 with $500 limit. This was my first card. This past October (2015), they returned the deposit and unsecured the card. How difficult is it to get a CLI increase? I had tried twice before while the card weas secured, but was declined as I really didn't know what I was doing. That was a few months after receiving the caed. Once I have my balances paid down etc. I would like to try, but I want to know if they tend to be difficult or not.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA secured recently unsecured. CLI difficulty?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had my BoA card since 03/14 with $500 limit. This was my first card. This past October (2015), they returned the deposit and unsecured the card. How difficult is it to get a CLI increase? I had tried twice before while the card weas secured, but was declined as I really didn't know what I was doing. That was a few months after receiving the caed. Once I have my balances paid down etc. I would like to try, but I want to know if they tend to be difficult or not.

Not that difficult at all IME.  However, it really will boil down to your overall profile.  If it supports it and all is kosher then you can get approved for a CLI.  The CLI amount will depend on a number of things including income.  You can request it online, via chat or phone.  When you request it, aim high.  It will be a HP.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.