Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA signature visa, with worldpoints ?

tag
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

BoA signature visa, with worldpoints ?

I know this has been around a bit. I did a search and what had been written here did not come to a consensus.

Does this card report a limit or not? If not, what would be your choice for a BOA card that does report. (I don't need another Amex system BOA however)

Thanks,

CI

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA signature visa, with worldpoints ?

My BoA Signature Visa with WorldPoints does report a credit limit to EX.  However, it only reports a high balance to TU, and does not report a credit limit to EQ.

Previously, I had a BoA Platinum Plus Visa with WorldPoints card that did report a credit limit.  It's difficult for me to recommend a particular BoA card, because in terms of rewards, I don't think any of that issuer's cards are exceptional. 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 2 of 5
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

I do agree about the rewards, however, I put all my rewards in one basket so I am not particularly interested in theirs.

With the erratic nature of reporting , have you ever talked with them about reporting across the board since they obviously can report to one of the three. Of course whether it is reported most likely is how the CRBs see it.

Thanks for you response. I have a very large limit for a long time on this account and don't want to endure the inevitable disruption to my utilization. This is an unsolicited "upgrade" due to their shuffling cards around.

Thanks again,

CI

@psychic wrote:

My BoA Signature Visa with WorldPoints does report a credit limit to EX.  However, it only reports a high balance to TU, and does not report a credit limit to EQ.

Previously, I had a BoA Platinum Plus Visa with WorldPoints card that did report a credit limit.  It's difficult for me to recommend a particular BoA card, because in terms of rewards, I don't think any of that issuer's cards are exceptional. 

Message 3 of 5
nathan
Frequent Contributor

I just got approved for the signature visa and notice that they do not report the cl. I called them and they accepted to switch the card to the platinum visa that reports the limit. I have not activated the signature visa yet and I wouldn't if I dont receive the new one they promised to send. I definately want them to report the 10k cl. I disike cc that don't report a limit; especially a huge limit.
Message 4 of 5
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your reply Nathan. My card was changed as part of a change in their offerings. There are pros and cons. I think I will activate and wait ninety days to see what it does to my utility. If it has no affect as I suspect, it could be nice to have a large card to shop with without a lot of drama on the CRBs

CI

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.