Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA

tag
Erica1
Regular Contributor

BoA

I posted on here a while ago about apping for a BoA card as that is where my account is located.  I apped for the nonsecured card figuring I would hopefully be at least countered with the secured.  Does anyone know if they've stopped countering due to the credit climate?  I've got a couple old (2002) unpaid accounts, but I figured I could at least qualify for the secured.  My last scorewatch alert was a 655.  BoA pulled Experian, which I don't know the score for but it contains the same info as the Equifax.  Anyway, I was declined and not countered the secured card.  My denial was based on past delinquency.  I totally understand being declined for the unsecured as I am trying to rebuild and get some positive credit going (I have a couple old positive accounts and quite a few student loans).  Just curious and thought you guys may have some insight for me.  Thanks!
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: BoA

Hi, Erica1 why don't you go on the BOA website and apply for the secured credit card you only need at least$300.00 down and it should unsecure to a regular credit card after 9-12months of on time payments and you will get your money back and your credit line will even increase, that is what I did it is a very good starter card to have and I had alot of baddies on my credit report at the time.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 4
Erica1
Regular Contributor

Thanks.  That was going to be my last resort.  I was hoping to avoid another inquiry by getting the counter of the secured.  But it looks like that route may be my only choice.  I'm guessing there's at least a 30 day period in which I can't apply for another card.  I've heard that some companies are longer, 60 or 90 days.  Glad to hear that you like the card.  I've heard good things about it.  Have you gotten the card recently?
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 3 of 4
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I started rebuiding my credit in 2007,BOA was my very first secured card started with opening it with $300.00 and then added $200.00 more making it $500.00 on my card, with timely payments my card unsecured in 9 months and they increased my cl to $1000.00 and I recieved my $500.00 back in the mail and did not have to wait long.  After my secured card I started getting offers of unsecured cards, and like I said alot of baddies at the time unpaid on my cr.  But what I would do is call and speak with a credit card analyst over the phone and you can talk even online if you want to and see if you have to wait to apply for another card, since this card will be an unsecured card, it might be your lucky day today.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.