Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoFA CC and AU question.....

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

BoFA CC and AU question.....

My wife has a Bofa CC. She wants to add our daughter who just turned 21 as an AU. The card was opened in 2002 and currently has ZERO balance on it. The card is in excellent standing and no lates ever reported on the card etc....

The question I have is...when she tried adding my daughter as an AU online @ Bofa website, they asked for her SS#. I have read in the past that adding someone else as an AU only......that no HP will be accounted for. Is that statement still stand corrected? My wife doesn't want Bofa to HP our daughter's credit report if she was to be added as an AU only. I guess she is concerned because it requested our daughter SS#.

We did add her as an AU on our Discover card and it never asked for her SS#.

Just curious why Discover never requested our daughter's SS# but Bofa did.

Thank you in advance for your comment Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoFA CC and AU question.....

I am an AU on DH's BofA card.  So is DS.

I don't recall if BofA asked for SS# or not; but DS and I both have and use our AU cards.

BofA did not pull my credit.

The card does not show up on my credit report, however, so it does not impact my credit report.  

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughter is AU on my BOA VA card. I had to give her SSN and it reports on her credit report with the CL.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Criminy!  Why is mine not reporting?

Ver.r..r.r.r.r.ry interesting.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang it!  I take it back - my BofA is reporting.

Good thing you said something - I got my beans in the wrong bowl.  or something to that effect.  Smiley Embarassed

Message 5 of 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My daughter is AU on my BOA VA card. I had to give her SSN and it reports on her credit report with the CL.

So giving SS# as an AU is normal procedure...but did she get a hardpulled on her credit report? Just curious....I hope not since she is not submitting any new application. How long does it take for Bofa to report?

Thanks in advance for comments......Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

As an AU on a BoA Siggy, I can also confirm they SS# is just for reporting (it's the easiest way for them to report if not at the same address and sometimes just a confirmation as to the person\AU they need to report for), they won't HP her for an AU.  It should show up on her reports fairly quick though really, within the month I would guess (BoA seems to be rather prompt that way from my experience).  If it's not reporting on her CR by the end of the FEB statement cut, contact them about it (it should never take more than 2 statements with BoA to report an AU on an established card).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So giving SS# as an AU is normal procedure...but did she get a hardpulled on her credit report? Just curious....I hope not since she is not submitting any new application. How long does it take for Bofa to report?

Thanks in advance for comments......Smiley Happy

No hard pull. She is also AU on chase and Amex with no hard pull.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.