cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boa Executive Office Numbers(denied student card)

tag
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Boa Executive Office Numbers(denied student card)

Does anyone have any upper level executive addresses/contacts besides the backdoors lisited above. Anyone have any recon tips for someone died just because of limited credit history? Thanks
Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Boa Executive Office Numbers(denied student card)

I had a similar situtation. My app was denied due to a duplicate ( I had apped back in november ) and I called and asked it to be reconsidered. The CSR transferred me to someone higher up, I'm assuming a supervisor, and within 15 minutes she approved me. I would try calling and asking for a supervisor and ask them to reconsider. I only got a CL of $600 but at the time I had a lot of inquiries and $300 balances on two other cards.

Also, I saw that people were able to PC to the 123 rewards card after only 3-6 months. I've only had mine a month, but I clicked to chat with a representative online and asked her when I'd be eligible for a PC and she said she could do it now. So in 2-3 weeks mine will change to the 123 rewards card Smiley Happy If you get them to reconsider your app, I'd definitely try to PC after a month or so. 

Good luck!

EDIT: I only had 7 months of credit history at the time.

Message 2 of 13
pakman92
Established Contributor

google for boa ceo's email address.  i did for a gw letter and got them to call me back to investigate.  hopefully goood things will happen

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 3 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditChampion wrote:
Does anyone have any upper level executive addresses/contacts besides the backdoors lisited above. Anyone have any recon tips for someone died just because of limited credit history? Thanks

A thin file is hard to recon. It's always worth a try (fingers crossed for you) but your best recourse is to garden your accounts for at least a year depending on how your AAoA and current accounts look.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 13
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Not trying to get on you but You know, you may fare better if insread of trying to call the Presidents of citi and boa to demand your student credit card, if you apply with companies that are more apt to give you a shot.

Either set up a secured account at any number of places or try cap1, orchard and other companies that are more inclined to take a risk on someone with no credit history at all.

While your method may yield results, most people find tht building good credit and the cards and limits that go with them, takes time. Dont be in such a rush. Keep in mind that no one owes you, or me or anyone else credit. Don't rack up a bunch of inquires that will only hurt. Live with what you have for a bit, use it and pay it off religiously. Give it six months and try again and you may find companies more open to you.

Totally my opinion for what it is worth. Good luck to you with it all.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris123nTx wrote:
Not trying to get on you but You know, you may fare better if insread of trying to call the Presidents of citi and boa to demand your student credit card, if you apply with companies that are more apt to give you a shot.

Either set up a secured account at any number of places or try cap1, orchard and other companies that are more inclined to take a risk on someone with no credit history at all.

While your method may yield results, most people find tht building good credit and the cards and limits that go with them, takes time. Dont be in such a rush. Keep in mind that no one owes you, or me or anyone else credit. Don't rack up a bunch of inquires that will only hurt. Live with what you have for a bit, use it and pay it off religiously. Give it six months and try again and you may find companies more open to you.

+1  The president of the company, really?...

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris123nTx wrote:

I've already given my $0.02 on this matter on the Citi thread you started. Just wanted to add that when you recon there is a good chance they will pull another CR since the first CR was insufficient. Each time you do this you are racking up inquiries unnecessarily that will hurt you for 2 years. People who are successful on recon are typically on the margin or were denied for something silly like highish util or 2 inqs being triggered as too many so they don't mind the extra pull knowing they're likely to be approved.

Message 7 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris123nTx wrote:

+2. they're perfectly within their rights to deny you based on a limited credit history. There are other things you could be doing to improve your credit, but it's a gradual process and will take years to do. Looking for the presidents number is just a waste of time because even if you could find it, he won't deal with you. Know your place, but also work towards improving your situation. If you do this properly, in a few years time they'll be the ones contacting you with offers of credit.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the other hand I think it shows initiative...
You're just gonna need to make a strong case (from their persoective not yours) as to why you think they should issue you the card.
You won't get the president directly anyway, it'll most likely be intercepted by someone on the executive team.
Be curteous and make your case. Sometimes in business it's not always entirely about what's on a report.
Know your client etc etc. If this is recent there's no reason they have to pull your credit again.
I don't disagree with what others are saying, but always going for the best you can get isn't a bad policy either, even if you stumble along the way.
Failing that, it may be different now but when I was in college Discover was giving out student cards to everyone and their uncle. Smiley Wink
They mostly cared about your proof of enrollment.
Message 9 of 13
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris123nTx wrote:

+2. they're perfectly within their rights to deny you based on a limited credit history. There are other things you could be doing to improve your credit, but it's a gradual process and will take years to do. Looking for the presidents number is just a waste of time because even if you could find it, he won't deal with you. Know your place, but also work towards improving your situation. If you do this properly, in a few years time they'll be the ones contacting you with offers of credit.

+3...yes indeed.

This is where I get to play the role of the sourpuss, CreditScholar Smiley Happy

I am actually very happy that this student posted his threads. They serve as a valuable lesson for younger FICO forum visitors:

There is a reason they call it a credit HISTORY. Young people with piggyback FICO scores (i.e. 700+ FICO scores with 6 months of credit history because they were put on their parents cards as AUs) or others new to the credit game who haven't earned their stripes really have no place screaming bloody murder about not getting approved for prime CCs - and I suspect that will be the general sentiment of respondents if you continue to yell up the food chain. Prime lenders, unlike Cap1/Orchard...even Barclay...aren't in the "taking a chance on borrowers" business. They are in the "give cards to qualified applicants who will use the cards, pay them off, and ultimately make us profits" business. When you haven't built up a solid credit history, they see no need to take a chance that you will be responsible...it just isn't good business.

I agree with the growing consensus about the need to adjust your approach AND attitude. I don't mean to sound overly harsh, but you are acting as though you are entitled to this and other credit cards...when in fact, as someone correctly noted earlier, they are obligated to give you NOTHING. Use the good card you have now (I see a WF $800 CL cash-back college card...which is appropriate for a college student from both a CL and rewards standpoint)..let your inquiries age...then re-apply a year from now when prime lenders can see you use the credit you have responsibly. You will get far better cards and limits if you just slow down and patiently build a solid credit history.

Just one man's opinion based on experiences derived from being in your shoes once. I would prefer you not have to learn by making mistakes that I was not warned about when I was new to this.

**Edited to include this self-depricating history**

When I was 19, I received a Key Bank Mastercard in the mail...never applied for it, just had checking and savings with them when they were Society Bank and kept both when it became Key Bank.

The card had a $1,500 limit. Now, back in 1994 that was a pretty healthy limit, but other players on my college football team had cards with higher limits and rewards for using them frequently. My card did not have these limits, and I felt as though I deserved them...even though I had only used the card for a month and a half. I called Key and asked for a CLI. They refused (need more credit history). I asked for a supervisor...supervisor said no. I called up the food chain....was told by the last person I would speak with on the matter that if I didn't cool it with the appeals that Key would close down my account. Evidently, they had kept a record of my requests after the 2nd one.

Needless to say, I was embarassed...and upon reflection of my insistence, I decided it was best to use the card on an upcoming trip to Chicago, pay the minimum, then pay it off when I got my tax refund. I did so...and at the 6 month mark, I got a CLI to $3,000.

The point is, SLOW DOWN. You are off to a great start with a prime lender who is, quite frankly, stingy for most people - even those with super credit (Wells Fargo). If you use credit correctly and have patience, you'll get what you want and more over time Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.