cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boa Executive Office Numbers(denied student card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Boa Executive Office Numbers(denied student card)

+5 ^
How long have you had the wells fargo? Do you carry a balance?
It could be that the op has had the card a while and wants to expand. Unless I missed something, and I do have a terrible cold. Smiley Happy
It's easy for college kids to see credit as free money, many learn that the hard way.

Message 11 of 13
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

I mostly agree with everyone on this board. Credit takes time to build. I for one think I'm a bit lucky to be where I'm at today. I was never an authroized user on a card before so I had 0 credit. After I turned 18 a few months went by and I had to get a fed loan for school. Next month I'll be 19. It was posted on my credit report in September and I've made a few payments ahead of time(it's in deferment)  to not be tortured with building interest a few months went by and I started thinking it would be good to open up a few credit cards. In January I applied for a Capital One Journey, Discover More, Citi Forward, and a Bank of America card. I was approved for the Journey and More, originally denied for the Forward (as I mentioned on your Citi thread) I contacted the executive department because they had done a 2nd inq and started talking to them about my interest, etc a few days went by and I got a call saying they did a manual review and approved me. I decided to cancel the BoA app as I didn't like their card benefits and would need a co-signer. Today I decided to see if I finally have a FICO score generated through myfico.com and I do. I pulled it from EQ and its 683 with my Capital One reporting. Within the next month I should have the other 2 cards reporting and I've been gardening since. I max out my cards, pay before the statement cuts, and let 1 carry a 7% balance. I used the FICO Simulator and it shows that if I pay my accounts on time and when these new accounts report my score will be around 693. With 24 months of on time payments it can go to 730-780. It takes time to build credit as I have now learned but I wanted to do it on my own. Over the late summer-early next year I want to apply for the Chase Freedom since I have a Checking & Savings account with them. Eventually I'll try for American Express. 

Message 12 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Oh I'm not always a sour-puss, but I do tell people what they need to hear. I do it for a living, after-all. Advice that isn't honest and genuine isn't very good advice, and it's a disservice to the person asking. People need to be reminded of their place every so often, and then be offered suggestions on how to improve their position. It looks like this time were in agreement in this thread. Smiley Happy
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.