Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boa Lowering APR

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Boa Lowering APR

Has anyone had any luck lately having their BOA APR decreased?  My promo apr is over this month and my regular apr is 15.99%:smileysad:
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Boa Lowering APR

Hi Sammy

I actually called 2 weeks ago and asked if they can please review my account and reduce my apr.

It was at 15.99% and they reduced it to 12.99%.

Something is better than nothing.

Really doesn't matter much since i pay in full but you never know of the future.

Definitely call

Message 2 of 6
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

@oracles wrote:

Hi Sammy

I actually called 2 weeks ago and asked if they can please review my account and reduce my apr.

It was at 15.99% and they reduced it to 12.99%.

Something is better than nothing.

Really doesn't matter much since i pay in full but you never know of the future.

Definitely call

Thanks for the encouraging news oracles.  How long have you had the card?

As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 3 of 6
oracles
Valued Contributor

I have had it for about 2-3 years now. It was originally a L L Bean card and then they seperated.

i stayed with B of A and did not get a new LL bean card.

I now have a worldpts card and it has indeed grown with me as far as the credit limit.

Very good company

Message 4 of 6
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

A while back (late summer/early autumn?) I called and got lowered from ~24% to under 9%.

10 year old plus (former LLBean) card with completely clean internal history except past high util, long since corrected.

I've found BoA the easiest to work with of all my creditors, I know others despise them.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
score_building
Senior Contributor

of the handful of lenders i have, i think boa is the only one that didn't have to be prompted to lower my rate.  one is fixed at 9.99 the other is currently my lowest at 6.24.  i would be surprised if they didn't have a lower rate available for you if you are treating the account well.  i have had high balances reporting at the time of the apr decreases (more of a decrease than what could be attributable to prime rate reductions) and cli's. i kinda don't 'get it'... i almost feel like they want me to carry a balance but i certainly could be wrong about that.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.