Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boa doesn't match credit limits?

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Boa doesn't match credit limits?

Does boa like to match credit limits?, I was going to call and ask to to reconsider the cli I asked for and hope they can match my bce? How friendly are they towards this?

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Boa doesn't match credit limits?

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Does boa like to match credit limits?, I was going to call and ask to to reconsider the cli I asked for and hope they can match my bce? How friendly are they towards this?

I would say they are good with matching CLs but not necessarily with Amex but rather with the rest of your cards....Good luck

Message 2 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Banks don't really match any limits nor are they obliged to. They just prefer issuing a limit around what you already have because you have proven to be able to handle credit up to that amount, and that's really just it. So while you have proven you can handle xxxx dollar limits, it doesn't mean they will give you that much.

Sometimes they do give you a little more than what you already have as well, depending on their algorithm and sometimes the analyst as well.

Just give them a call and see if they can do anything about issuing you a higher CL. Just be prepared that sometimes it will be regarded as a CLI request and can result in an additional hp. If you are okay with that, then I think you will be fine and shouldn't have issues getting your CL raised at least by a little.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
Banks don't really match any limits nor are they obliged to. They just prefer issuing a limit around what you already have because you have proven to be able to handle credit up to that amount, and that's really just it. So while you have proven you can handle xxxx dollar limits, it doesn't mean they will give you that much.

Sometimes they do give you a little more than what you already have as well, depending on their algorithm and sometimes the analyst as well.

Just give them a call and see if they can do anything about issuing you a higher CL. Just be prepared that sometimes it will be regarded as a CLI request and can result in an additional hp. If you are okay with that, then I think you will be fine and shouldn't have issues getting your CL raised at least by a little.

+1

Message 4 of 6
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

I boosted my AmEx blue Cash up to 10,800, and let it report, before asking for a CLI from BofA. I asked for 10k (from 2k), and BofA approved it. I probably could have asked for more, but figured a 5x CLI was probably pushing it. It cost me a HP on TU.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Banks don't really match any limits nor are they obliged to.

^ This.  My CL's vary from creditor to creditor and even from TL to TL with the same creditor.  If they all matched I'd have $30K CL's across the board and that's definitely not the case.  Your other CL's play a role but creditors aren't just going to match other CL's.  For any given person each creditor will have differing internal limits on the credit they're willing to extend to that person.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.