Established Contributor
Badcreditguy

Boa or Citi secured?

Which is better a BOA secured or Citi secured card?
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: Boa or Citi secured?

They both are good cards.
Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan

I can't speak for Citi, but BofA treated me well. Graduated me in less than a year despite a mis-step on my part.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Established Member
exploder3211

I like my B of A..Linked to my checking account and i can pay it off quickly
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

BofA if you can get approved for it. They won't give it to me. So I went with National City
Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
contractor

Just FYI, I have had the standard secured card for a couple months. Went into a BOA branch this morning and told them I wanted to add to the deposit. After going through all the Tellers, finally found a Manager who said "No Problem, come in my office"

She took my card and called someone, somewhere. Identified herself and said Mr. Contractor wants to raise his deposit from 300 to 600. She put me on the phone and some clown asked a zillion questions, income, housing costs, what do I do, etc. Then said what is your checking account #. I said, don't have one here, it is at my CU. He says, sorry, no checking account, no add to deposit. I said, you're kidding, right? He assured me he was not inclined to humor. I said thanks (stunned) and hung up. Relayed the incident to the Manager and she was flabbergasted, said they do it all the time; just create a cashiers check and send it in. Asked if I wanted her to call back and I said, no thanks, I'll go talk to my CU.

That was 300 bucks free money they could have used for the next several months with no exposure. Makes NO sense. Banks are illogical creatures. YMMV, perhaps I got an idiot.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

BofA is notorious for wildly uneven customer service. I've always had great CSR's, very skilled, very informed, polite and funny, but plenty of others have had stories like yours. I'll bet it has something to do with all the other banks they've acquired, resulting in non-standardize CS training. It also seems like their secured card department is screwy.

Maybe the manager can send in a cashier's check for you and catch them napping?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
contractor

She offered and was apologetic. I was PO'ed and told her not to bother but thanked her for her time (she was nice and helpful) and went on my way. I may go back and have her try again. No big hurry, just wanted to raise the bar before it comes time to graduate but I have several months.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
brownsugar35

Hi, would you please send the website for Citi secured ?
Valued Contributor
stef37

brownsugar35 wrote:
Hi, would you please send the website for Citi secured ?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+