Did you mean: 

Boa will start showing credit lines on sig starting tomorrow

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Boa will start showing credit lines on sig starting tomorrow

@vAirGo7 wrote:

Does the card has the word 'SIGNATURE" under the VISA? lol

My card is the Bank Americard Travel Rewards Signature Visa with no AF and EMV chip - not the Priviledges and yes it does carry the word Signature below the Visa logo Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 52
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Uhhh Ohhh, utilization hidden no more.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 22 of 52
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Doesnt the balance still show, just no limit? So it looks like your maxed out all the time unless you run it up real high one time to show "high balance" to be really high?

Message 23 of 52
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Doesnt the balance still show, just no limit? So it looks like your maxed out all the time unless you run it up real high one time to show "high balance" to be really high?

For me high balance gets reported to EQ and TU (highest ever charged which is above my "official" CL and for EX it gets reported normally.  But the interesting part is that I get higher average CLs on EQ and TU because it is left out in calculation.... was also a hidden thing and therefore I never bothered with a CLI with BofA and simply charged whatever I wanted - never declined even when I went over the 5K limit...charged like 8-9K without any issues. But when they will actutally report then I might consider an increase the CLs with HP next year. It simply made no sense to me with their present system.

Message 24 of 52
Anam
Established Member

Crap (in my case).

I used the ghost limit to get AMEX and Chase to increase my limits on their cards. (to 6000 and 6200) 

Shortly after finding out how BoA reports I did a test when verifying things from my credit report with another bank.

Basically I was able to say I had a 10K limit with BoA and they said I passed the verification when my actual limit is 5K.

Oh well, on the flip side this means I can get my other BoA card upgraded to Signature now that it will report the limit.

Message 25 of 52
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

@newbiewife wrote:
Seriously???? I just downgrade yesterday.

That sucks.  I was considering having them do the same too but held off and now this post pops up out of nowhere.

Maybe you can just contact them and get them to undo it...

Random side-related question; does anyone who has the Cap1 Quicksilver Signature card know if they report limits and balances on theirs?

Message 26 of 52
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@iDShaDoW wrote:

@newbiewife wrote:

That sucks.  I was considering having them do the same too but held off and now this post pops up out of nowhere.

Random side-related question; does anyone who has the Cap1 Quicksilver Signature card know if they report limits and balances on theirs?

I do NOT have the Quicksilver Signature card but would expect the same reporting as for the Cash Rewards Signature Visa. On that card Cap1 does report high balance and credit limit

Message 27 of 52
JASON34GATORS
Contributor

Newbiewife iam sure they will do itSmiley Happy

Message 28 of 52
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@iDShaDoW wrote:

@newbiewife wrote:

I do NOT have the Quicksilver Signature card but would expect the same reporting as for the Cash Rewards Signature Visa. On that card Cap1 does report high balance and credit limit

Nice, thanks.  Guess I've got like 9ish months before I can ask that they upgrade me to the Signature version.  Need to start gathering all my info and dates so I can give myself Outlook reminders.

Message 29 of 52
YahComb
Established Contributor

I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.  BOA reps have been known to tell people in the past that the visa sig will report limits and of course it never happened*. If it's true, its about time i guess. But i'll believe it when i see it.

*though as a lot of people report, the limit shows on some(usually EX) and not others (usually EQ and TU).

as far as how it affects score-i lose 3 more points for having only the BOA reporting a smaller percentage(based on actual limit)  with a near identical total amount than when i had only my Citi reporting.

So that means i'm being pegged harder on the BOA because it is using my High balance  for utilization (which would put my percentage much higher) or the ding for reporting a balance on an "revolving" account that isn't used in credit utilization is greater than the ding for reporting a small (3ish in my case) balance on a revolving account used in utilization.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.