Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA 123 card

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

BofA 123 card

called for a recon said because i was late a few years ago. asked alot of wierd questions like what parks am i near roads and stuff like that.. said they didnt like i was at 31% UTL...lol wow also said they didnt like FP and HSBC was on there but said they would like to see my amex and chase post for a few months... and she said they REALLY like to see AMEX on the report. they were very very thorough with the report. asked about every almost every card. about the charges offs. so i am going to apply in about 6months again and do a recon and hopefully ill get the card then.. i plan on closing FP and BBRZMC in the mean time.. to show i am done with rebuilding cards. lets see what happens...

EDIT: also asked what i used my cards for told her it depends on the card. i said my amex is my day to day card because of points and i need to pay it in fulll. said my cap1 card was for gas and food stores because i get 2% back. said my chase was for bigger stuff because of 0% apr 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
mokong
Regular Contributor

Re: BofA 123 card

how many cards do you have?

Message 2 of 19
Guava
Established Contributor

Now I know FP is kinda discriminated against lol

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 19
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@mokong wrote:

how many cards do you have?

11 cards closing 2-3 this year most are store cards tho would like some prime major cards at some point

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 4 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

You confirmed certain things. I alwasy said that a creditor likes to see AMEX on someone report in good standing. It gives them I think some peace of mind since Amex trusted you.

Sorry about your decline. Now (mod cut) go in the garden and stay there for 6 months Smiley Happy

edited: please keep in mind that we have a variety of members here, so use a little discretion in language.  thanks

Message 5 of 19
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear it. I don't really like BofA aka. FIA and it is one of my sockdrawer cards.  They don't like pretty much everything such as too many inquiries, high utilization, too many accounts opened...... If I were you, I stayed away from them.  They cld, close your account anytime when they feel like. They grill you when you call.  Don't ask for anything if you have them. Lay low.  By the way, they hate BT too. Think of them like Barclays.

Ron.

Message 6 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

More interesting evidence that although FICO scoring doesn't care about the so-called prestige of cards, some lenders certainly do.

Drop that util and get some good history going with the new cards, and let's hope that we'll have something to congratulate you about in six months or so!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

You confirmed certain things. I alwasy said that a creditor likes to see AMEX on someone report in good standing. It gives them I think some peace of mind since Amex trusted you.

Sorry about your decline. Now (mod cut) go in the garden and stay there for 6 months Smiley Happy

edited: please keep in mind that we have a variety of members here, so use a little discretion in language.  thanks

Hauling my bad . I even forgot what I wrote. Can you pm me the word. I'm very careful writing. Honest slip if it was that bad.

Message 8 of 19
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Sorry to hear it. I don't really like BofA aka. FIA and it is one of my sockdrawer cards.  They don't like pretty much everything such as too many inquiries, high utilization, too many accounts opened...... If I were you, I stayed away from them.  They cld, close your account anytime when they feel like. They grill you when you call.  Don't ask for anything if you have them. Lay low.  By the way, they hate BT too. Think of them like Barclays.

Ron.

she didnt even say anything about how many inqs i had. mostly about high UTL 31% i guess is alot. they take in account closed accounts too??? and too many accounts open ment nothing to her. it was mostly because of DQ's, lates, and FP and HSBC..i am saying those two cards becasue those were the only ones shes asked about and told me her self they dont like to see an open FP card. how can i get DQ's taking off?

Message 9 of 19
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

More interesting evidence that although FICO scoring doesn't care about the so-called prestige of cards, some lenders certainly do.

Drop that util and get some good history going with the new cards, and let's hope that we'll have something to congratulate you about in six months or so!

i might just try for the freedom or try for the 123 again idk yet. but now i know what creditors look for i plan on gardening

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.