Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA 99/500, quick question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA 99/500, quick question

I know that your goal was to get the BoA 99/500, but in the event that your recon is unsuccessful (I hope that you get it), I want to mention the BoA fully secured card. I think that a lot of people are leary of the fully secured, but it graduates the same as the partially secured. And, you can set your credit limit at whatever you want. When it graduates in 9-12 months, you'll get your fully security deposit back, and your credit line will (at the very least) remain the same, or go up.

I didn't even attempt to get the 99/500. I went right for secured (my scores were BAD and I knew it). You can put up as little as $300, up to as much as $10k. I opened mine with 2k, it unsecured after 9 months (I got my security deposit back in the mail), and my credit line remained at 2k. When I cleaned up my credit, BoA bumped me up to 5k.

If, for whatever reason, you don't get the 99/500, the fully secured is a good deal too. You'll have your foot in the door with BoA, and with a good payment history, in less than a year you'll be in as good or better shape than you would be with the 99/500.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.