Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA 99/500, quick question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA 99/500, quick question

Hey, so I apped for a BofA card in high hopes, but was denied, I was actually hoping to get the 99/500. I originally apped for the BofA Student Visa as I am currently enrolled in college (decided to go back to school at 25). Well I read the boards on here and that seems like the card to have as it graduates rather quickly and from what I gather they are really good with CLIs. I read that some people on here got it as a counter offer, and I was wondering at what process of the denial for a regular card was the offer? I already got a denial letter, it was a single paper that said that I got denied to to charge-offs and collections (all paid in early 2008). So I am wondering how I go about getting the 99/500 card now.....can I call a backdoor BofA recon number and see what they say, maybe they can offer it to me or I can ask for it??? Please help.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Re: BofA 99/500, quick question

I apped for the BofA Plat Plus in Sept, knowing I would be declined, but hopeful I'd be counter-offered the 99/500.  Nothing, just a turn-down letter in the mail.  I've read many that have that 99/500 also have a checking and savings acct with them, do you?
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeh I have both, a checking and a savings, but so far nothing Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The counter-offer, if offered, would have been enclosed with the denial letter. It could be that a 99/500 isn't available for the student card. You could try to app for a non-student card to see what may come of that.

A checking or savings isn't required.

Message Edited by llecs on 01-02-2009 09:51 PM
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think that maybe calling a backdoor number and maybe talking to them and explaining that all of my deliquencies are paid, and i have had a perfect history for 10 months now, and then asking if they have a 99/500 card that they could offer me?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the plat plus visa online and got denied but an immediate counter offer for the partially secured card.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't mind me asking, how long ago was this and what are your scores?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

last month, scores 600 even or less
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So tempted to apply again, but i dont know if I want a second inquiry from BofA, plus i dont know if I would get the offer for sure, I think I might use the backdoor number and call them tomorrow
Message 9 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

andytisk wrote:
So tempted to apply again, but i dont know if I want a second inquiry from BofA, plus i dont know if I would get the offer for sure, I think I might use the backdoor number and call them tomorrow

As an FYI, you will get nailed for a 2nd inquiry if you had received the 99/500 offer and accepted it.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.