Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA 99/500 users

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA 99/500 users

Hello All

My 5th statement cut yesterday so I logged in this morning and I see the request credit limit increase button.  I am wondering how people have done this to acheive the max cli. I know it will be a hard pull and from what I see it is TU for mostly everyone.  I am wondering if people hit the button, and request a limit? Or should I call in and speak to someoene to see if they will match my highest card (I hear they may do that).  Any advice from someone that has actually done this would be great. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA 99/500 users

As I understand your card still secured, so they may offer another $99 deposit for a $500 CLI or full deposit for the CLI you want. I think is better if you call so you can ask specific questions.

Someone in another thread said that now the graduation requests are SP, after several days after the request there are no HP from BoA from the requested graduation.

How high is your limit in other card?

Some people put 5k or more on BoA secured to have a good limit then after graduation keep the limit or they even give them more.

Some bank 'rules' are dynamic, I have seen many changes over the last year.

If you want to use a HP for CLI, I think is better to get your card unsecured and CLI with only 1 HP. What I would do is call, ask if early graduation is SP or HP, request one and CLI, then you have 30 days to call again and ask for more CLI if they didn't match your other reporting cards.

Good luck and report back.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA 99/500 users

@newhis wrote:

As I understand your card still secured, so they may offer another $99 deposit for a $500 CLI or full deposit for the CLI you want. I think is better if you call so you can ask specific questions.

Someone in another thread said that now the graduation requests are SP, after several days after the request there are no HP from BoA from the requested graduation.

How high is your limit in other card?

Some people put 5k or more on BoA secured to have a good limit then after graduation keep the limit or they even give them more.

Some bank 'rules' are dynamic, I have seen many changes over the last year.

If you want to use a HP for CLI, I think is better to get your card unsecured and CLI with only 1 HP. What I would do is call, ask if early graduation is SP or HP, request one and CLI, then you have 30 days to call again and ask for more CLI if they didn't match your other reporting cards.

Good luck and report back.

My highest card is 23K.  I am in reality hoping they may come close to my freedom at 5.5K. I figured why not ask for the max. Worst they can say is no.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.