Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA AMEX Accelerated Rewards CLI

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

BofA AMEX Accelerated Rewards CLI

I clicked the LUV button the other day & received the 1800 # for an instant decision but decided not to call.

Logged on today and I noticed an increase of $1800! to now $5000 CL.

Just wanted to share with fellow members haha Smiley Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA AMEX Accelerated Rewards CLI

Congrats!! Was it a hard pull?

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 2 of 15
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Soft, only asked for occupation,income & requested amount.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 15
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

My BoA Visa is at 8k. IDK if I want to push further. But I'm telling ya, very tempting right now. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

@TheCreditKid wrote:

I clicked the LUV button the other day & received the 1800 # for an instant decision but decided not to call.

Logged on today and I noticed an increase of $1800! to now $5000 CL.

Just wanted to share with fellow members haha Smiley Happy

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 4 of 15
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Nice limit, BofA don't care much if you request for an CLI. I've had my Bankamericard for 3 years now, and I would hit the LUV button every 4-6 months just for the hell of it. It's really a hit or miss with BofA but of course you must have a clean CR.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!!!

I have read many posts where a member has hit the luv button and received the message to call but doesn't, I have always wondered why, is there a reason behind it or is it more of just a matter of not wanting to hear "sorry you are not eligible at this time"? kinda thing.

When I say is there a reason behind it, I mean does it sometimes work out better if you don't call? I mean its obvious in your case it worked out beautifully, but I am sincerely asking because if its a "trick" that you Fico vets know that I need to learn?

Congratulation again!

Message 6 of 15
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I have read that too.  It seems like a lot of the people who choose not to call automatically get the CLI a few days later regardless.

Congrats on the CLI, creditkid!  Did you request exactly $1800, or something different?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 15
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I could have sworn I read that the minimum CL for this card is 5k which is my limit.

If not, cool

BoA recognized my awesomeness and put me above the minimum

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 15
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Congrats to the OP.  BofA is pretty good with CLI.  I've had two on mine without speaking to an agent.  But again, YMMV Smiley Wink

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drsmith wrote:

I could have sworn I read that the minimum CL for this card is 5k which is my limit.

If not, cool

BoA recognized my awesomeness and put me above the minimum

I have the BoA BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Signature, with a 5000CL, I have read that 5000 is the lowest CL you can have with the Visa Signature, is this true?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.