popnfresh21

BofA APR Reduction

Thought I'd share a success story!

I recently PC'd from BofA Platinum Plus MC Cash Rewards to a BofA World MC Cash Rewards.  I entered a secure chat to confirm that BofA will report a credit limit since I wasn't sure if they would (Visa Signature vs. World MC).  They confirmed that the World MC does report a CL (score!) and asked if I needed anything else.  My account currently was at the penalty APR of 29.99% from a late payment several years back.  I asked if my account was eligible for an APR reduction and she did a quick check (no credit pull) and notified me that my account was in fact eligible, but I would need to call a number to discuss options.  I was a bit confused as to what she meant by options, but gave the number a call.  I spoke to a really nice CSR and after a quick chat put me on hold.  She came back and said she changed my account to an APR of 9.99%!  BofA gets a big plus in my book for this one!

Amex SPG $13,500 | Citi Thank You Premier $8,500 | Discover IT $6,100 | BofA World MC Cash Rewards $6,000 | Chase Amazon Rewards $3,000
Blogger
HiLine

Re: BofA APR Reduction

[ Edited ]

Very nice! I called them today for an APR reduction as well. The analyst said she was looking to see if there was anything available, and came back with a 11.99% APR! Starting with 20.24%, I'm happy about the result, though I probably will call back in a few months to try for 9.99%. It's useful to have a card with low APR to fall back on when needed. :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
tennisfan78

Re: BofA APR Reduction

wow congrats to you both!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}