tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: BofA AT&T Offer

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I got the $75 offer back in April/May... I went to a local AT&T (corporate) retail store and bought a couple of $25 reload cards for my Prepaid plan.  I got an email right away thanking me for using the offer.

Then a few days later I got another email saying that it appeared that I had not met the requirements, but I still had time remaining to do so (???).  I figured the two purchases on the same day was the problem, so I purchased a physical reload card from the AT&T wireless website; that did the trick.  It took a while, but I eventually did see the $75 credit show up.

TL;DR... if possible make your two transactions on different days.  Smiley Wink

Good point on the different days. Does anybody know if there's a difference between corporate retail stores and "authorized retailer" stores?

If I'm not mistaken 'authorized retailer' locations aren't part of the deal; I used the search tool on the AT&T website to determine which location nearest me was corporate vs. 'authorized'.

https://www.att.com/maps/store-locator.html

Hmm... none of the corporate stores are near me. You didn't have any issues with buying the AT&T reload card from here? https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/accessories/prepaid.html (I apologize if the link isn't allowed!). It's funny how the lowest card is $25... I have no use for AT&T cards, but I'd still be ahead after buying two.

Yeah, the one I got was a physical card (not email). 

I think it was a few dollars extra for shipping/tax so it normally wouldn't make sense to buy reload cards this way, but to trigger the $75 deal obviously it was worth it.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband got the $50 offer. We don’t have ATT so I bought a couple accessories online. Free shipping, spent a little less than $50 so we come out ahead and get things I probably would have purchased somewhere anyway. 
Message 12 of 24
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

I have had this offer twice now.  It is relaitively straigh forward.  I made two $15 purchases and the $75 was credited to my checking account.  

I have attempted to make a concious effort to review these types of offers on all my credit cards to save (or in this case earn) money.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The two transactions posted to my BOA credit card, and suddenly the offer disappeared. There's nothing in the "pending/redeemed' section either. Huh?

Message 14 of 24
601flyguy
Established Contributor

From what I've saw, this is normal once the transactions post.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to confirm, nobody had any issues with accessories counting for the offer?

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid my co-workers $44 AT&T bill twice in the same day (split the payments $20 and $24) and I'm due to receive the $50 in cash. 

Instead of wasting money on needless, overpriced accessories from them, see if you know anyone who has AT&T. 

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid my co-workers $44 AT&T bill twice in the same day (split the payments $20 and $24) and I'm due to receive the $50 in cash. 

Instead of wasting money on needless, overpriced accessories from them, see if you know anyone who has AT&T. 

Unfortunately, no. But I do know one person who needs a phone case, so I'd recoup most of my expendature..

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anybody able to report successfully getting the bonus for ordering accessories online? Thanks!

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump Robot Happy Thanks!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.