Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA AU User

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA AU User

More than one month ago, my roommate added me to his BofA credit card as AU user. It started to report on EX but still it does not report to TU and EQ. Does anyone have the same problem or any idea of how to solve this problem? By the way, we have different surnames and address information but this wasnot a problem for EX.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BofA AU User

you could try calling bofa and asking them to resubmit the information to the credit again.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ttt
Message 3 of 11
Established Contributor

balhblaal wrote:
More than one month ago, my roommate added me to his BofA credit card as AU user. It started to report on EX but still it does not report to TU and EQ. Does anyone have the same problem or any idea of how to solve this problem? By the way, we have different .... address information but this wasn't a problem for EX.

I can understand that a roommate can have different address info.,,,But address info is the primary identifier used for locating a consumer credit file. Experian is known for having extensive address histories. It is possible that the address that your roommate shares with you only appears in your EX file.

If you sign up to access your credit card online, even as an AU, you can register your official "permanent" address  in your BoA profile. That way BoA will be able to find your EQ and TU files and should eventually report to those bureaus. In any event you will be registering your Social Security # for your online account. The SS# is actually a secondary consumer file identifier. Most likely BoA doesn't have your SS# on file or it would have been able to find your EQ and TU files without the benefit of a proper address.

You could of course just contact BoA explain the problem, provide your SS#, and primary (non roommate) address, if you don't want to view the account online.  Of course if you had an online account BoA will eventually start making you individual (non AU) offers that you can't refuse. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, thanks for the answer.i am using my work address and he`s using his work address too. So it is impossible to have the same address at any time. Actually he added me online and at the form he also entered my SSN. and are you sure I can access to that account online as AU?
Message 5 of 11
Established Contributor

balhblaal wrote:
Actually he added me online and at the form he also entered my SSN. 
  You should be able to phone BoA and talk to the CSRs directly if the bank already has your SS#. Although you can't make changes to the card such as CLi requests, you can update your addy and request that the bank report the account to your credit bureau files.

Since BoA already has your SS# (secondary identifier), it might eventually report to your files if you just wait a few months. Nah...why wait? Smiley Wink

balhblaal wrote:
are you sure I can access to that account online as AU?

I had accessed my BoA AU credit card online for years before I took over the account as an individual.

I still access my credit card with the same online account. I also use the same online access for additional BoA deposit and brokerage accounts which I have opened in recent years.

Bank of America online ROCKS  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump (last time)
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I don't really have an answer, other than contact BOA or have your roommate contact BOA and ask if they can report you as AU to the other CRAs.
Message 9 of 11
Miner
Frequent Contributor

It use to be that Banks didn't always report to all 3 credit agencies.  And in fact, even today, my creditors don't always update all 3 every month which is why I have half the number of lates on my TU report.  Give it time and it should show up eventually on all 3.

And no offense to you as I'm sure you want to be responsible, but I have to say that your roommate isn't being very smart here.  Sharing your good credit with someone you aren't married to (BF/GF/friend/relative) oftens ends in damage credit and I've rarely heard it ending well.  Read all the threads here on how ex this or ex that  damaged my credit (my recent favorite was the one about the mom as an AU).  Now if he/she is adding you as an AU to help your credit history but isn't actually giving you a card to use, then that might not be so bad since you can't actually do much to damage his/her credit.

Message Edited by Miner on 09-30-2008 02:43 PM
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.