Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA AU help please

tag
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

BofA AU help please

I would like to put my G.F. as an AU on some of my CC’s. She has a bunch of collections on her CR but these are all medical related. I’m gonna say this now, I trust her 100%. I deal with all of our finances and pay our bills. When I talked to the BofA CSR they requested her SSN. I did not proceed any further because of my paranoia that this would trigger something. My CR is spotless as well. Will this trigger a CC closure, limit reduction, or financial review?with her bad CR in mind, will this trigger something with BofA? Any other lenders that would care like other than Amex. I had her as an AU on my Discover CC for a while and they did not require SSN and that was fine.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA AU help please

Don't worry. It won't trigger any adverse reaction. BOA asking her SSN helps them correctly report to the correct credit file (I've not yet heard of a bank denying the privilege of adding an AU based on the prospective AU's credit file).

From my personal experience a friend added me to his BOA secured card at time of application without adding my SSN. The app was done online. It took a couple of months but did report in my file. I have since removed myself as an AU because I got a secured BOA credit card one month after my friend (and he has tanked his card already!).

Tell the representative you prefer to add her without supplying her SSN; if they say they can't, just ask for clarification of what they intend to use her SSN. Maybe that will help lessen your concern.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 2 of 4
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

thank you for the repl. I called back a second time and the CSR did not request her SSN this time.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 4
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Awesome!

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.