Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Account Combination Experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Account Combination Experience

Nccarguy, i meant no disrespect. I understand frontline CSRs are generally underinformed. However, they have a line they're supposed to say about not being credit analyst's and that they cant say for sure but it may affect your credit. This is to protect the bank from disputes. DH is a supervisor of 7 years with BOFA. He says there's one process for making credit line changes, weather increasing or moving. That process includes authorizing the computer to obtain a copy of your report and it's up to the computer weather it reuses one, gets a new one, or does a SP. However, the actual policy has the customer agreeing to a HP because theres a very good chance they will get one.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am always careful with my replies and advice.  I would never post information on this forum that I did not know to be true.  After seeing your reply I did call Bank of America credit card lending and verified that consolidations or CL reallocations are a SP per BOA policy.  The actual response I recieved was "If you are not asking for additional credit why would we require a credit bureau?  You have already been approved for that credit with BOA"

I also verified with my private banker.  That said, banks can and 

@Anonymous wrote:
I disagree. Combinations will nearly always take a HP to do. BOFA does often reuse HPs for things so you would probably get the CLI and combination in one HP. And you definitely can transfer the whole thing, but it has to be completely paid.

change policies often.  Front line CSR's will also provide information that is not accurate.  I would never use another's experience when it regards HP's.  Always ask for credit supervisor (good luck with that happening with US Bank, however) and inquire whether a HP will be required.  If you are told "no" and later find that one was pulled, call back.  EVERY call is recorded and if you were given incorrect information any reputable bank will rectify the issue and remove the HP

+1

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just some food for thought, and the last thing I'll say on the matter; It's always nicer to get a surprise SP then a surprise HP.

We seem to have gotten distracted anyway, OP has said that a HP wouldn't bother them. They simply wanted to know if the combination was possible. And it is as long as the card you no longer want is at 0 balance. Otherwise they will make you keep an amount on the card.
Message 13 of 14
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Interestingly enough, it appears to be easier to combine Bank of America credit cards accounts as compared to Capital1 accounts. 

With Cap1 it appears to be a roll of the dice If the option pops up on your personal profile. With BofA it appears that as long as your account is at zero, all You have to do is call. 

Excellent replies, thank you all. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.