cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Alaska Air Visa Sig - Approved, yet still "Pending"?

tag
Grape
Regular Contributor

BofA Alaska Air Visa Sig - Approved, yet still "Pending"?

So I apped for a BofA Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card today (will be making a lot of trips to Seattle from Nor Cal over the next two years) and got the message that an instant decision can not be made and my app will be reviewed by a Senior Credit Analyst. There was a phone number on the splash page, but the browser automatically navigated to the ALaska home page before I could write it down.

So after researching a few numbers and a couple attempts, I get transferred to a credit analyst in the "Acquisitions" department. After answering a few questions, the analyst said she would approve me for $5K and will have the cards mailed out. However, when I call the BofA 800 number to check my app status it still says the app is still being reviewed and when I use the online BofA app status checker it says it can not find my app.

Is this normal for BofA? Is it worth calling and trying to speak with an analyst again? Does BofA normally delay giving "final" approval!

BTW, EQ Fico is 740 FWIW.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Alaska Air Visa Sig - Approved, yet still "Pending"?

I was recently approved as well and whenever I check my status online it can't find my info, but the card is already reporting on all three credit reports . ;./ wierd, i'd like to know the answer to your question as well.

Message 2 of 8
Grape
Regular Contributor

Update: So I called BofA back this morning and they did show that the analyst had approved it, and that the application still needed to get its secondary approval. She mentioned if they needed any clarification or had additional questions they would contact. She also said if the secondary review was planning on declining the app, they would also call me to follow up. Is this a normal process for BofA cards that require an analyst's review?

Message 3 of 8
Grape
Regular Contributor

Update: Still waiting for the second approval. I've never had to wait this long for a cc approval. Anyone have any experience with how long these second approvals take with BofA?
Message 4 of 8
Grape
Regular Contributor

Update: Finally got the "Congratulations, your application has been approved" message when I called the 800 number to check on my app status. Card and welcome kit should arrive in ten days. Now I just have to work on my patience skills. FYI, my online app status never worked and always threw the error message as well, 0livetree.
Message 5 of 8
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new card!!  Did you get the 40k mile sign-up bonus?  I'd push for it if you didn't.  There is a link to the offer on FT.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 6 of 8
Grape
Regular Contributor

Got the 25K offer, not the 40K. Looks like the 40K offer expired around the end of July. Would be surprised if they will give me the 40K offer since I app'd after the expiration. Worth a shot, I guess. Anyone have success recently with this?
Message 7 of 8
Grape
Regular Contributor

FWIW, received my letter from BofA today with my credit score. Looks like they used Equifax (score range is noted as 300-850). They show an EQ score of 712. On the same day, my EQ score through MYFICO.COM was 740. I really wish there was one standard everyone would use. Other than checking my reports for accuracy and fraud, what good is the score through myfico.com if banks don't use that version?? Either way, glad I was approved and their manual review makes a little more sense now. 

EDIT: The letter also notes that an EQ 712 (for whatever version BofA is using) is better than 53% of U.S. consumers. On MyFico.com, my EQ 740 score is reported as better than 57% of U.S. consumers, FWIW.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.