Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Americard CL reporting

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: BofA Americard CL reporting

@ccnewcc wrote:

I don't get why ppl like their CLs to report soo much.

Not reporting/flex spend accounts/hidden TLs are a benefit.  Take the benefit.  Be happy with the benefit.  IMO.  lol!

Feels like we've had this conversation before... Sorry if I've mistaken you for someone else. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

I don't get why ppl like their CLs to report soo much.

Not reporting/flex spend accounts/hidden TLs are a benefit.  Take the benefit.  Be happy with the benefit.  IMO.  lol!

Feels like we've had this conversation before... Sorry if I've mistaken you for someone else. Smiley Happy

Nope that was you.  I remember you. lol!

Message 12 of 16
YahComb
Established Contributor

of course you do. you may disagree with their reasoning and not personally care, but im sure you understand.

it's not a hidden tradeline, its not a JPM card. If it is reported as a flex spending revolver, it counts as part of utilization like any other non-amex charge card(any other credit card). this is regardless of it being fico 98 04 or 08. a lot of people probably won't end up using the credit limit to its max(or above) and they'd prefer to have all of that limit count as part of their utilization. You may not care about that personally. But you do understand that.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 13 of 16
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

of course you do. you may disagree with their reasoning and not personally care, but im sure you understand.

it's not a hidden tradeline, its not a JPM card. If it is reported as a flex spending revolver, it counts as part of utilization like any other non-amex charge card. this is regardless of it being fico 98 04 or 08. a lot of people probably won't end up using the credit limit to its max(or above) and they'd prefer to have all of that limit count as part of their utilization. You may not care about that personally. But you do understand that.

Yeah i know its not a hidden TL. I said slash Hidden TL.  The above that i listed are all benies.  Tbh, I am just as confused as the BoA rep who, in a nutshell, said "well if you don't like that benefit, I guess I can offer you a downgrade to a platinum card."

lol.

My 1st comment was in general and wasn't meant to distract from OPs orginal point.

I understand, but I just don't get it.  Take the benefits, IMO.

Message 14 of 16
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Good article...it answered some of my questions...thanks

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 15 of 16
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@hardworkrebuilding wrote:

So I was gonna try a CSR to see if my wife's Sig Visa could report her limit, but the online chat was unavailable. So I started thinking... why don't I just do a balance transfer (or 2) and max out her card, let the statement cut, and pay it off? I would transfer from one or two of my cards which I would be PIF anyhow.  Is this acceptable? I've never done a balance transfer before. Can I transfer from my individual acct to her acct (which I'm an AU on)? She's got a 7500 limit, highest reported balance was 3400 a few months ago. Stays paid off most of the time. I figured this could be done easily. I've read that, while the CSR might tell you it could be reported, in fact, it may not.  But the highest balance would report (until the next CLI).

edited due to poor sentence structure, will probably edit again when I see the thing I missed this time when I'm checking to see if anyone has any input because my email notification isn't working most likely due to operator error and run-on sentencesSmiley Happy

I have the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa (as well as several other "signature" cards such as CSP) and they all show a credit limit on my report, in addition to the high balance notation and the "flexible spending account" notation.  With each one of them ,when I opened the account, the CSR advised that the CL was not a hard and fast limit as others have noted.  One can exceed that limit, often 2-3 times the limit "suggested". 

With my recently opened Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa, I reconfirmed that, even though I'm being given an initial CL of $10K, that's not a hard limit since it's a signature card, but that will be what is reported to the CRA's.  And that's actually a fact!  Even before I've received the card, it's reporting on my reports as a new BofA account, $10K limit, flexible spending. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.