@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been banking with BOA for over 26 years, and I think they suck. Big time. Just about every time I have occasion to visit the branch to make a deposit and wait in a ridiculously long line because they invariably only have two tellers working, I tell myself I'm done with them and switching. Then my hatred of change takes over.

2 tellers and like 4 people greeting you as you come into the door.

You're right! They always have people just roaming around. The most ironic part is that they have a "floater" who goes up and down the long line asking people if they need help. Well, how about helping by getting behind one the teller windows?

Doesn't work that way. That'd be like them coming to your place of work and telling you to do something that isn't actually part of your job. Those people are typically managers or bankers, not tellers.

There is nothing that isn't part of my job.

Correct...a teller may not be a manager, but you bet a manager can fill in as a teller.

Part of their job is to help educate customers to make deposits using Mobile devices and also at the ATM. Besides needing a cashiers check, why would you even go inside the branch for teller services? Have cash? Deposit at the ATM. Have a check? Use your phone. Boom, long line problem solved, because you'll never see it. You wait in line at the grocery store, at the post office. If you decide to go into the bank, you're choosing to wait. Banking is changing. You can change with it or switch to a CU, which will eventually move the same direction. All the big banks are moving towards "digital migration."

I don't have a smart phone, nor do I want a smart phone. And most of my clients pay by check. So, they can try to "educate" me - translation: Find any way possible not to provide good customer service - all they want. And they used to have a dedicated merchant teller room. That's now gone. The grocery store, yes. But I don't wait in line at the post office. My packages are picked up.

Ok so your packages are picked up. You've decided to use a service that is more convenient to you than going into the post office.. That's exactly what they're trying to offer you, alternatives.. Had you had a mobile phone it would be more convenient but since you don't, maybe try depositing at the ATM and then you don't have to wait in line. You can deposit 10 checks at once and you don't need a deposit ticket. Plus, you get the check images on the receipt for reference. But if you rather wait in a line, go for it.

Then I could wait in line outside instead of inside. It is frequently just as bad. And I didn't say I don't have a mobile phone, I said I don't have a smart phone. Bottom line is that customer service is a dying / dead idea with many of these companies who've gotten so big that they think they can treat customers any way they please.

Message 61 of 65
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA BS Hits the ceiling

Yeah I'm not standing in line at a bank.  Screw that...  Banking isn't a specialty service.  There is literally a bank on every corner.  There is absolutely no reason AT ALL to put up with a bank or lender for that matter that doesn't appreciate my business.  Once my wonderful WAMU got stolen by Chase it took me about a whole week to close my account and move somewhere else.

For me personally, and for the majority of the people I know, credit unions are the way to go.  My local credit union is awesome and I doubt I'll ever allow a regular bank to touch my deposts ever again.  The big banks can want whatever they want all they want to want it, but the bottom line is that they need us more than we need them.

The same thing goes for lenders.  Diversify...

Message 62 of 65
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been banking with BOA for over 26 years, and I think they suck. Big time. Just about every time I have occasion to visit the branch to make a deposit and wait in a ridiculously long line because they invariably only have two tellers working, I tell myself I'm done with them and switching. Then my hatred of change takes over.

2 tellers and like 4 people greeting you as you come into the door.

You're right! They always have people just roaming around. The most ironic part is that they have a "floater" who goes up and down the long line asking people if they need help. Well, how about helping by getting behind one the teller windows?

Doesn't work that way. That'd be like them coming to your place of work and telling you to do something that isn't actually part of your job. Those people are typically managers or bankers, not tellers.

There is nothing that isn't part of my job.

Correct...a teller may not be a manager, but you bet a manager can fill in as a teller.

Part of their job is to help educate customers to make deposits using Mobile devices and also at the ATM. Besides needing a cashiers check, why would you even go inside the branch for teller services? Have cash? Deposit at the ATM. Have a check? Use your phone. Boom, long line problem solved, because you'll never see it. You wait in line at the grocery store, at the post office. If you decide to go into the bank, you're choosing to wait. Banking is changing. You can change with it or switch to a CU, which will eventually move the same direction. All the big banks are moving towards "digital migration."

While I totally agree (remote deposit is great), this thread is seriously veering off course.  This has what to do with actions of BOA?

Signature needs updating
Message 63 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

This very interesting thread went sideways on the first page!

Love it!

Message 64 of 65
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Thread locked for moderator review
Message 65 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.