Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Blacklist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Blacklist

Is there anyway to get off the BofA Blacklist? I had 2 with them and 1 with FIA years ago... like 2008. They still remember tho. Not on my reports but they deny me anyway.

Is there any hope or should I just give up on them? Thansk
18 REPLIES 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA Blacklist

Not unless they offer you the secured credit card route in lieu of a declined application.

Otherwise, you can try the secured card option to see whether that can open such opportunity. If they decline the application (and reconsideration is unsuccessful), then your only option is to wait. There really isn't an exact timeframe with BOA, especially if you burned them for a decent amount.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx for the info. Probably am never getting them. They are my last major complaint to get... but I think I burned them for too much
Message 3 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Blacklists are painful. Sorry @Anonymous

Message 4 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Burning can definitely have some long lasting effects. Fortunately, some can reopen the doors OP. Citi, for instance.
Message 5 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry DJ, good thing you are well covered. Lol, my local bank has me so blacklisted i could have a milliin dollars set to deposit and they would probably still turn me downSmiley Wink 1 day perhaps your fence will mendSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA blacklisted me when it wasn't my fault. In 2013, BoA charged me for an item that I did not purchase. I followed the proper proceedures and wrote to them. Nothing. I continued to use the CC and to pay. No reversal of the charge. I stopped paying for a month and wrote to BoA again. Nothing. After two months I had even paid some of the wrongful charge. I wrote to BoA and sent it return receipt. This time they responded. They took off the charge and removed MOST of the interest, but not all. BoA reported me late twice. I did the math and actually when one considers that I paid partially for something I didn't have I was not late IF BoA had credited my account when I wrote the first time. BoA closed the account. That was in 2013. Now it's 2018. My FICO scores range from 760 to over 800. No pre-qualified offers from BoA. There is no way off of their blacklist!

****UPDATE*** In early September, 2018, I received a pre-qualified offer from BoA without a specified APR. I tossed it. I wasn't going to chance it. I believe I posted this also in the Garden posts.

Message 7 of 19
imaximous
Valued Contributor

I included them in my BK for quite a bit of money and have a credit card with them. In fact, I filed BK in 2011 and they approved my card in 2013. I recently did a product change from the 3-2-1% Cash Rewards to the new Premium Rewards.
I don't know who goes on their naughty list, but I definitely should've been or was on it.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Is there anyway to get off the BofA Blacklist? I had 2 with them and 1 with FIA years ago... like 2008. They still remember tho. Not on my reports but they deny me anyway.

Is there any hope or should I just give up on them? Thansk

Send in Raymond Reddington!

Message 9 of 19
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Yeah it is very possible. Back in 2013 I charged them off for around $1300, account was closed and sent to collection. Luckily I had purchased the credit protection they used to offer on their credit cards back then... they paid off the entire amount I owed and deleted the entire negative entry on my CR. Fast forward to 2015, I reapplied for the BBR and was approved for $1k. The account was eventually closed a year later for unrelated causes but yeah it’s definitely possible..

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.