Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CL reallocation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA CL reallocation

i originally had 4 BofA credit cards.  Last year I reallocated one CL and closed account.  They required me to leave $500 on closed account.  Today I called the Preferred Rewards line (I'm platinum preferred).  Nice CSR verified identity and after hearing my request said she could help.  She said I needed to leave $5000! On closed account as it was a Visa Signature card.  I explained I believed that was wrong and the policy was $500.  She put me on hold to speak to a supervisor.  When she came back she said she was wrong and stated I needed to leave $200 on closed card (odd).  She proceeded to ask income info.  When I asked if it involved a HP she said it was for credit purposes but did not seem to understand HP.  I stated I wanted to verify no HP.  Hold again.  She came back quickly and said a credit supervisor was on line and could answer questions and process reallocation.

Credit supervisor gave me his name, Ryan and his location, Atlanta (odd).  He thanked me for being a customer since 1987 and asked how he could help.  A lot friendlier than any supervisor I've spoken with.  Explained I wanted to transfer CL, understood I needed to keep $200 on closed card but wanted to verify no HP.  He asked if f I was looking for a credit line increase.  I said no just reallocation.  He stated HP was only for CL increase and if I wanted to reallocate there was no HP.  I asked him to process and mentioned a closed CC account with $200 limit would look odd on credit report.  He responded that I could transfer all of the credit line and that closed account would reflect my original credit line.  He read a statement on closing account and then processed within 30 seconds.  Reallocated line showed up while I was still on phone.

some have reported a HP with reallocation.  Apparently not.  But thought others might get want to know a supervisor could transfer all of credit line without leaving small amount.  I know many on this s forum bash BofA.  Also realize they don't have the best cards but I've been a customer for almond st 30 years and for the most part they have been good to me. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA CL reallocation

Glad that it worked out for you! And all without a HP and no balance being left on the other card.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

i originally had 4 BofA credit cards.  Last year I reallocated one CL and closed account.  They required me to leave $500 on closed account.  Today I called the Preferred Rewards line (I'm platinum preferred).  Nice CSR verified identity and after hearing my request said she could help.  She said I needed to leave $5000! On closed account as it was a Visa Signature card.  I explained I believed that was wrong and the policy was $500.  She put me on hold to speak to a supervisor.  When she came back she said she was wrong and stated I needed to leave $200 on closed card (odd).  She proceeded to ask income info.  When I asked if it involved a HP she said it was for credit purposes but did not seem to understand HP.  I stated I wanted to verify no HP.  Hold again.  She came back quickly and said a credit supervisor was on line and could answer questions and process reallocation.

Credit supervisor gave me his name, Ryan and his location, Atlanta (odd).  He thanked me for being a customer since 1987 and asked how he could help.  A lot friendlier than any supervisor I've spoken with.  Explained I wanted to transfer CL, understood I needed to keep $200 on closed card but wanted to verify no HP.  He asked if f I was looking for a credit line increase.  I said no just reallocation.  He stated HP was only for CL increase and if I wanted to reallocate there was no HP.  I asked him to process and mentioned a closed CC account with $200 limit would look odd on credit report.  He responded that I could transfer all of the credit line and that closed account would reflect my original credit line.  He read a statement on closing account and then processed within 30 seconds.  Reallocated line showed up while I was still on phone.

some have reported a HP with reallocation.  Apparently not.  But thought others might get want to know a supervisor could transfer all of credit line without leaving small amount.  I know many on this s forum bash BofA.  Also realize they don't have the best cards but I've been a customer for almond st 30 years and for the most part they have been good to me. 

Thanks for sharing... this is good information to know!  Smiley Wink

I've only recently joined the BoA family, but if my one contact with them is any indication I'm going to be very pleased with them as well!

Message 3 of 5
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I love my BofA 3-2-1... Buttttt the limit is low.. Hopefully one of these days they'll up it Smiley Happy!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great post. Thanks, OP!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.