Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA CLI/AMEX CLI

tag
laboi_22
Established Contributor

BofA CLI/AMEX CLI

Just wanted to share. As long as I've been a customer of BofA I've always requested CLIs with only SPs. I just took advantage of an offer for low APR till June 2013 and I purchased some new furniture. In order to assist with my UTL unitl that balance has paid, I requested a CLI. I was approved for an additional 5,000 brining my total up to 15,000 however they HP TU. I was shocked!!

Also on my 61 day CLI with AMEX, I called a requested a CLI through the automated system. They said I needed to call in. I called in. They had to verify additional information since I have some sort of fraud alert that I did not place on my report. After I was approved for 6,000 a 3X CLI. I just noticed that they did a HP on ALL 3 CRA!!!!!!! Wow shocked again.!!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA CLI/AMEX CLI

@laboi_22 wrote:

Just wanted to share. As long as I've been a customer of BofA I've always requested CLIs with only SPs. I just took advantage of an offer for low APR till June 2013 and I purchased some new furniture. In order to assist with my UTL unitl that balance has paid, I requested a CLI. I was approved for an additional 5,000 brining my total up to 15,000 however they HP TU. I was shocked!!

Also on my 61 day CLI with AMEX, I called a requested a CLI through the automated system. They said I needed to call in. I called in. They had to verify additional information since I have some sort of fraud alert that I did not place on my report. After I was approved for 6,000 a 3X CLI. I just noticed that they did a HP on ALL 3 CRA!!!!!!! Wow shocked again.!!

That is unprecedented. I mean I've heard of amex pulling all three cra's for an actual application (if borderline) but I've never heard of them doing even 1 hp for a cli, let alone 3. 

Could it be because of the fraud alert?

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 2 of 5
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I'm assuming because I had to call in to verify additional information, they did a HP which might be expected. I don't know why they would do all 3. I confirmed it on all my CRAs recently when I pulled my free annual reports. They didn't even pull all 3 to approve me! This was on my BCE

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 3 of 5
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:

I'm assuming because I had to call in to verify additional information, they did a HP which might be expected. I don't know why they would do all 3. I confirmed it on all my CRAs recently when I pulled my free annual reports. They didn't even pull all 3 to approve me! This was on my BCE

It doesn't make much sense to me. You would think that amex could verify identity by softing you, and even that doesn't explain why they would pull all three.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:

Wow.....

AMEX is not known for the HP CLI's. I'd freeze your reports for future requests.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.